Pritchard gone

I know this one splits the fan base, and I accept that we don't know Pritchard's side of the story, but for me whatever the club did or didn't do, Pritchard walked out on his teammates and the fans who have always given him great support. No issue with him saying he wants to go and won't sign a new deal. As soon as he says that we'd no doubt be swiftly trying to find him a club since keeping him hardly felt like a priority even before then. But we've got a young squad of lads and one of the most experienced players, who they should look up to, walks out on them and refuses to be selected. He can piss off for me.
Million percent mate - his attitude towards the fans and teamates was minging and unprofessional at the end. Glad hes fucked off.

He seems gutted or is that just me?
:lol:

"Did this seem like the perfect place to come"

"Erm... ... ... yeah"

Clearly doesn't want to say its a step down

He didn't like what we were offering so walked out. Simple as once the emotion is taken out if it.

Liked him as a player but we have 3 or 4 trying for that CAM position atm

Last edited:

"Erm... ... ... yeah"

He didn't like what we were offering so walked out. Simple as once the emotion is taken out if it.

🎶his name is pritch, he dropped his mates in the shit 🎶

"Erm... ... ... yeah"

It was the wistful look into the distance when he was asked to talk about the last two years...

I've always quite enjoyed listening to his interviews, he talks quite differently from other footballers and doesn't just cycle through the usual cliche ridden guff. He comes across as quite a deep thinker and perhaps struggles slightly mentally at times as a result.

The way he left was unprofessional and unforgivable but we hardly made much effort to suggest we valued him as a key part of our squad and he had been one of our best players this season, the only one who came out with any credit in the shambolic Mags cup game for example.

Him signing for Birmingham, however, suggests that Mowbray was also unprofessional by seemingly adhering to pressure, especially at the start of the season, not to play him whilst conversely showing that it was obvious that he was under pressure/instructions to continually pick Bellingham irrespective of form or tiredness.

No strong minded, proud head coach/manager would stand for such blatant nonsense. The Mowbray love in needs to stop.

Last edited:
The way he left was unprofessional and unforgivable but we hardly made much effort to suggest we valued him as a key part of our squad and he had been one of our best players this season, the only one who came out with any credit in the shambolic Mags cup game for example.

Him signing for Birmingham, however, suggests that Mowbray was also unprofessional by seemingly adhering to pressure, especially at the start of the season, not to play him whilst conversely showing that it was obvious that he was under pressure/instructions to continually pick Bellingham irrespective of form or tiredness.

No strong minded, proud head coach/manager would stand for such blatant nonsense.
Maybe the people above Mowbray need to be questioned as much as Mowbray?

No strong minded, proud head coach/manager would stand for such blatant nonsense. The Mowbray love in needs to stop.
Isn’t that why he got sacked?
Because he didn’t stand for it?

Mind I’m as on the fence about Mowbray as you’ll get.

I know this one splits the fan base, and I accept that we don't know Pritchard's side of the story, but for me whatever the club did or didn't do, Pritchard walked out on his teammates and the fans who have always given him great support. No issue with him saying he wants to go and won't sign a new deal. As soon as he says that we'd no doubt be swiftly trying to find him a club since keeping him hardly felt like a priority even before then. But we've got a young squad of lads and one of the most experienced players, who they should look up to, walks out on them and refuses to be selected. He can piss off for me.
The common sense response. đź‘Ť

Sporting Director Kristjaan Speakman said: “First and foremost, we thank Alex for the contribution he has made to Sunderland AFC. He played an important role in our promotion from League One and has been a prominent member of our squad in the Championship, and I’m sure he will be fondly remembered by our supporters. Transfer windows are challenging periods for all involved, so we are pleased to have reached a suitable conclusion for the Club and Alex, who leaves with our best wishes.”

I should think so to. They know they tried to pull a fast one on him
Signing of the window, ha'way man :lol:

£ for £ in this division…. There is a good argument for it

Last edited:

Back