Pritchard gone

I'm not so sure he has.

He wanted away, presumably for a better deal, which is absolutely fair enough. The club offered a contract, he neither has to like nor accept it, but he should be willing to honour the one he's currently on. By all means, put a transfer request in or whatever. But spit ya dummy out and refuse to play? Ha'way Pritch, your stock's not that high.
I just find the whole thing a bit suspect. Speakman mentioning they’d offered him a contract the day before the news broke of him refusing.

I also don’t have a lot of trust in the board after recent events, but I’ll concede ultimately I don’t have a clue what’s went on behind the scenes, he could well be in the wrong.

I just find the whole thing a bit suspect. Speakman mentioning they’d offered him a contract the day before the news broke of him refusing.

I also don’t have a lot of trust in the board after recent events, but I’ll concede ultimately I don’t have a clue what’s went on behind the scenes, he could well be in the wrong.
two wrongs don't make a right, but in the last few months i've less trust in the people running safc than a player working his ticket (sadly).

People will say there's two sides, but the whole truth will be somewhere in between. Either way you wanna cut it, Alex Prichard made himself unavailable for selection despite being under contract. It's not a good look on the lad, and he has previous at other clubs.

Imagine us signing someone of his experience and quality for peanuts, that would be ground breaking. But it’s always the other way around !

That Pritchard has signed so eagerly for Birmingham and for Tony Mowbray who, in the latter part of his tenure at the SOL couldn't play him, tells you everything you need to know about those people who run the club. I'm just surprised Mowbray didn't walk out in disgust and leave earlier.

Thanks fuck for that, gone at last.
Speakman.....
Alex has been an absolutely integral part of how we've got sat around the Championship today in a really good position," Speakman told BBC Radio Newcastle.

"He's a really important player for the group and I'm really pleased he'd got back in the team.

"His contract is up at the end of the season. From Alex's perspective we've offered him an extension to his contract. We felt, in conversations with him, that was something we needed to do, from where his head was at.

"He's in a really good position, I'm sure he's happy." 🤔
“Things change”

Last edited:
That Pritchard has signed so eagerly for Birmingham and for Tony Mowbray who, in the latter part of his tenure at the SOL couldn't play him, tells you everything you need to know about those people who run the club. I'm just surprised Mowbray didn't walk out in disgust and leave earlier.
Shows you Mowbray was a weak as piss yes man….

Maybe Mowbray prefers Pritchard to the players he's got at Birmingham. Maybe it's because he has a 2 and a half year deal.

No doubt Mowbray will get a great reception from the travelling fans as rightly so....

Pritchard however, I'm unsure? Do you think he'll get cheers or jeers? I'm undecided...think her deserves both.

I know this one splits the fan base, and I accept that we don't know Pritchard's side of the story, but for me whatever the club did or didn't do, Pritchard walked out on his teammates and the fans who have always given him great support. No issue with him saying he wants to go and won't sign a new deal. As soon as he says that we'd no doubt be swiftly trying to find him a club since keeping him hardly felt like a priority even before then. But we've got a young squad of lads and one of the most experienced players, who they should look up to, walks out on them and refuses to be selected. He can piss off for me.

Back