Press conference

Well I have to say I thought that was a very good press conference. He spoke clearly, enthusiastically and sounded positive in everything he said. He identified on areas that we need to improve on and I am sure we will see those come to fruition in the coming games.
Mentioned Romaine a few times, giving the impression that he likes what he has seen.

Bog standard press conference nothing for anybody to get upset about, but I bet some people do.
Not the blokes biggest fan, but nowt to see here. Hope we win the next 10, but I can guarantee that won't appease some folks.
Pretty much sums up how I feel.

Hopefully he drops Burstow and gives Rusyn a run of games now and would be nice to see Rigg get more minutes. Looking forward to seeing Mundle at some point as he might just give us something different going forward.

but they are just as bad, because they aren't willing to criticise him. they aren't willing to say what they see with their own eyes
Nonsense. I think everyone would agree there hasn't been a big improvement yet or a bounce. It's been a solid if unremarkable start. Anyone with any sense must realise he needs time.

Last edited:
Bumble Bee from Ireland why do you have this opinion? I have an inkling why but I’d like you to explain why-cheers.

Everyone knows his first few games was basically Dodds and Proctor. You are after him from the outset.
I'm English mate.
I don't think performances have got much better or worse, they've been mostly poor since about Halloween. If it had been a sudden drop off then I'd agree, but I'm still waiting for Beale to improve them tbf. IMO not enough for the fans to be after him the way they were for his first 5-6 weeks.

8 league games. W3 D2 L3 - 11 points.

1.375 points per game, but played 6 playoff chasing teams. Let's see how it looks after the next 4. If it's not 1.5ppg minimum then aye I'll agree.

Also forget the mag game, nobody can justify criticising a manager of the youngest champions team losing to the richest club in the world.

Too late to edit:

Championship* not champions
My minds already made up mate. Vast majority of his career has been at youth level. Done nothing of note in the adult game. He's a bit of a bluffer - same as Speakman. KLD is taken in by it - same as Short was without the ridiculous spend.

Last edited:
Well I have to say I thought that was a very good press conference. He spoke clearly, enthusiastically and sounded positive in everything he said. He identified on areas that we need to improve on and I am sure we will see those come to fruition in the coming games.
Mentioned Romaine a few times, giving the impression that he likes what he has seen.
Growing on me. he's took a hell of a lot of stick after just a handful of games but still in the same place mindset, shows character . Either way the bloke is here for the foreseeable so only option is to get behind the team.

anybody hear what he said?
Yes.
The man's a fkin buffoon, His crack is mingin
I thought he answered every question with consideration and awareness of where we are (today). Not sure how you could describe him as a buffoon, or what "crack" you find "mingin"?
Exactly..the people defending him are just as bad as the people wanting him sacked.

For most of us, we just want to see performances improve, players improve, and results improve - gradually, incrementally.

Not to turn into 1970s Brazil over night, but just to see some sort of plan. Some ideas, something that makes us better than before. We shouldn't be sacking a manager and replacing him with an inferior manager, we should be upgrading. Slow steps, but forward steps. You can't always get everything right all the time, but you can head in the right direction, and under Beale so far we haven't looked like heading in any sort of direction

He'll get praise when he has earned it. Through better results and better performances. I hope he achieves that and I hope he gets us promoted and stays 10 years and wins the champions league with us. But so far, he has been quite poor
It was a press conference man...
He has to do it, he's not going to win a game talking to the press. You'd move the goalposts again if we beat Plymouth.

Last edited:
Yes.

I thought he answered every question with consideration and awareness of where we are (today). Not sure how you could describe him as a buffoon, or what "crack" you find "mingin"?

It was a press conference man...
He has to do it, he's not going to win a game talking to the press. You'd move the goalposts again if we beat Plymouth.
The mans a cock wtf? :eek:

Nobody offering a defence of Beale has been anywhere near as wildly over the top as the criticism of him has been.

Even his most ardent supporters, if you could call him that, are pretty much on the fence waiting to see.

I've stuck up for him a hell of a lot, but I can't say I was thrilled with his appointment. I'm happy to give the bloke a go and see where it takes us though. The poor bloke's been on a hiding to absolutely nothing though and not a soul actually wanted him. So for you to say people sticking up for him willing to give him a chance have been just as bad as those dead set against him, twisting his comments, criticising his appearance and the way he speaks, is pretty much beyond the pale to be honest.
Bravo, Christopher. :D:cool:
The mans a cock wtf? :eek:
Top tip:

Being incoherent on a message board makes you appear stupid.

Last edited:

Back