Press conference

Aye but I'm loathe to go down that road, I'm more talking about why it's unjust how much stick he's had rather than saying he's better than Mowbray. To me it's almost a continuation of the end of Mowbray's reign.
Marginal but it’s certainly an improvement on points gained alone.

So what exactly was the point in the managerial change?

Points wise it's about equal, performance wise it's crap. Mowbray proved he could get a good tune out of the squad but probably had took it as far as he could .we've replaced him with someone who looks like they haven't got a clue how to pick a team or set one up . So far it's been a clear, albeit slight, backwards step

Needs to stop singing and start swinging before he qualifies for a gobby from me. Translate those mellifluous tones to results and I'm all yours, Mike.

Thats a vast sweeping statement that you can't justify.

Why? Some people on one extreme wanted him out, and in response others jumped to his defence saying that people are only criticizing him because they never wanted him.. two extremes.

I criticised him and continue to do so, not because I never wanted him, not because of his accent, but because his performance since joining safc has been piss poor.

But if two weeks ago I said 'hes been crap so far' I'd be met with 'you haven't given him a chance because you never wanted him'

Points wise it's about equal, performance wise it's crap. Mowbray proved he could get a good tune out of the squad but probably had took it as far as he could .we've replaced him with someone who looks like they haven't got a clue how to pick a team or set one up . So far it's been a clear, albeit slight, backwards step

Your guess is as good as mine.
My theory is Mowbray upset someone and they pulled the plug having probably planned to give him this season.
They then wanted Still but refused to pay the compensation and landed on Beale as he had a decent coaching record and was available for free.

Exactly..the people defending him are just as bad as the people wanting him sacked.

For most of us, we just want to see performances improve, players improve, and results improve - gradually, incrementally.

Not to turn into 1970s Brazil over night, but just to see some sort of plan. Some ideas, something that makes us better than before. We shouldn't be sacking a manager and replacing him with an inferior manager, we should be upgrading. Slow steps, but forward steps. You can't always get everything right all the time, but you can head in the right direction, and under Beale so far we haven't looked like heading in any sort of direction

He'll get praise when he has earned it. Through better results and better performances. I hope he achieves that and I hope he gets us promoted and stays 10 years and wins the champions league with us. But so far, he has been quite poor
Very well said.👏👏👏👏

Why? Some people on one extreme wanted him out, and in response others jumped to his defence saying that people are only criticizing him because they never wanted him.. two extremes.

I criticised him and continue to do so, not because I never wanted him, not because of his accent, but because his performance since joining safc has been piss poor.

But if two weeks ago I said 'hes been crap so far' I'd be met with 'you haven't given him a chance because you never wanted him'
Why? Because (unless you trawl through everyone who's willing to give him a chance), you've no idea whether those willing to give him a chance (support him?) are criticising him or not.

I'm willing to give him a chance, but if we play shit, makes the wrong subs in my opinion etc, I'll criticise him the same as most people.

Couldn't disagree with what he said tbf. Moving the ball quicker, players needing to gamble when balls are flashing across the box. But needs to put it into practice.

I don't like him - should never have got the job.
Bumble Bee from Ireland why do you have this opinion? I have an inkling why but I’d like you to explain why-cheers.
P9 W3 D2 L4 - minus 3 GD - win% 33. Poor.
Everyone knows his first few games was basically Dodds and Proctor. You are after him from the outset.

Last edited:

I don't know. I think the last two games he has picked a team with no square pegs in round holes. We even had full backs playing on their right side, width both sides. No sure how that equates to not having a clue.

He's been moderate at best in his short time here but I don't like the 'hasn't got a clue' hyperbole. Its only the Hull game which I hold him completely accountable for - it was 3 points chucked away due to poor selection and set up.

He’s won me over with his press conferences but still a way to go with performances on the pitch.
He says the right things though so I’m cautiously optimistic

I was dead against Beale not so long ago . Since the formation change I can see what he's trying to do really.

For all saying we played poorly on Sunday, stats may tell you otherwise. I feel we had a 30 mins period where we were under the cosh and that doesn't apply for the other 60. We had more shots at goals, more corners, and their keeper had more shots to save. Goes without saying the stats will tell you we should have really beat Hull, another play off contender. Again, Ipswich was a closely contested game and on another day we win that.

Slowly but surely it's starting to work. Playing Burstow will never help him and I think Styles energy will help implement Beales style of play.

I don't think it has been a step back at all tbh, it's been more of the same.

Why they changed manager I dunno, originally I thought they'd spotted the man they wanted long term and decided to change. But now that we seemingly didn't get our first choice I think there may have been a bit of a fall out between Mowbray and Speakman, total guesswork like.

If we sacked him now he'd be the shortest term manager we've ever had, and Beale Out was trending 3 weeks ago, was that really fair?

Enjoyed that. Really warming to him. He looks knackered mind. I'm now a believer..Micky Beales Red & White Army.

If you assess Beale’s first eight league games against Mowbray‘s last eight it’s an improvement.

Beale
P8
W3
L3
D2

Total points = 11

Mobray
P8
W2
L4
D2

Total points = 8

Marginal but it’s certainly an improvement on points gained alone.
All ifs and buts but I’d say we were actually really unlucky against Ipswich and Hull too. Easily could have been four points better off. Tight margins.

Back