Not open for further replies.

maygo

Winger
you’d love to see made.
For me-
The kid out of Sixth Sense, Donnie wahlberg’s character who shoots Bruce Willis
Yoda
The first werewolf in American Werewolf, that attacks them on’t moors

I wish they’d made a better job of the Alien prequels, feels like sacrilege to criticise but Prometheus and Covenant are incredibly mediocre.

You're being very kind there. They have the epic look of the original Alien but the stories were atrocious.

In my mind we still only have three and a half Alien movies: 1, 2, 3, and the script for 4 (but not the execution of that script with the shite casting, shite CGI aliens and shite directing).

you’d love to see made.
For me-
The kid out of Sixth Sense, Donnie wahlberg’s character who shoots Bruce Willis
Yoda
The first werewolf in American Werewolf, that attacks them on’t moors

Dogma 2

You're being very kind there. They have the epic look of the original Alien but the stories were atrocious.

In my mind we still only have three and a half Alien movies: 1, 2, 3, and the script for 4 (but not the execution of that script with the shite casting, shite CGI aliens and shite directing).

Dogma 2
Some other Alien 3 concepts that were considered......Thor'd from elsewhere....

Before Alien 3 was released, a teaser trailer was put out by Fox. "In 1992, on Earth, we will discover that everyone can hear you scream" went its somewhat clunky narration, as an alien egg was shown hovering over the luminous bulk of our planet.

Another idea, seemingly explored in the very earliest stages of Alien 3's production in the 1980s, was of Ripley and Newt ending up in a futuristic metropolis - albeit one on another planet, not Earth - where they hunted an "especially mobile creature" around the city sprawl.

In one early concept, Giler and Hill envisioned a story which would take place over two films. In the first, Michael Biehn would take the lead as Hicks, while Ripley would spend the entirety of the story in hypersleep and Newt would be sent back to the safety of Earth. The second film would have seen Ripley revived for another fight with her mortal enemy, the aliens.If the concept sounds a bit like Alien meets Blade Runner, this might be because the concept surfaced around the time Ridley Scott was being courted to return as director...

Before Alien 3 was released, a teaser trailer was put out by Fox. "In 1992, on Earth, we will discover that everyone can hear you scream" went its somewhat clunky narration, as an alien egg was shown hovering over the luminous bulk of our planet.

Another idea, seemingly explored in the very earliest stages of Alien 3's production in the 1980s, was of Ripley and Newt ending up in a futuristic metropolis - albeit one on another planet, not Earth - where they hunted an "especially mobile creature" around the city sprawl.

In one early concept, Giler and Hill envisioned a story which would take place over two films. In the first, Michael Biehn would take the lead as Hicks, while Ripley would spend the entirety of the story in hypersleep and Newt would be sent back to the safety of Earth. The second film would have seen Ripley revived for another fight with her mortal enemy, the aliens.If the concept sounds a bit like Alien meets Blade Runner, this might be because the concept surfaced around the time Ridley Scott was being courted to return as director...

The Hicks storyline was bandied about again as a possibility for Alien 5 iirc.

I was an extra at the Dawdon location and I was told that we were all monks and the story was set around a monastery.

Dread

Pirate

ROBERTS.

I was an extra at the Dawdon location and I was told that we were all monks and the story was set around a monastery.
I remember an Empire article years ago talking about an alian script set around a monastary on a wood planet.

Maybe they weren't lying to you at the time.

Such a pity that 3 went through production hell, was so to being every bit as good as its two predecessors. It’s still a damn good film compared to the vast majority of sci-fi’s, was always going very difficult to live up the expectations though.

Definitely been the law of diminishing returns ever since 3.

Fast and Furious
:D Aye definitely an untapped seam of pure gold there, that seems to have been criminally overlooked by Hollywood!

Alien 3 was shite. I remember at the time they’d had several different writing teams with several drafts and ended up just mashing them all in together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back