Pre season tour - Zimbabwe

Managed to watch most of our innings, looks a very good score on this pitch

Nice to see another game were we accelerate at the end and score 100+ in the last 10 overs

Managed to watch most of our innings, looks a very good score on this pitch

Nice to see another game were we accelerate at the end and score 100+ in the last 10 overs
Definitely good platform then lost our way yet didn't fall apart like we normally do. Ackermann showing the difference I hope he's going to make in the blast for us, one day cup too!

I don't really understand the point system in this mind. We've picked up 3 points for both our wins, but then Rhinos/Eagles both won two on 5 and 4 points respectively.

Assume we got bonus point for the margin of victory but can't work what the definition of that is.

Rhinos have won by 34 runs and 2 wickets
Eagles by 12 and 2 wickets

So perhaps over 30 run win is a bonus point? If we win and pick up 3 points I think we'd be nailed on for saturdays 5pm UK time final

Last edited:
He seems to have that composure in the middle order that we have been lacking for some time in the white ball stuff.

There doesn't appear to be anything out there on the bonus point rule, with cricinfo saying it should be 5 points for a bonus point win yet we are only on 6 points after 2 games :lol:

Off for rain now, but a good start by Gibson picking up 2 wickets on t20 debut

3 wickets in 9 balls since the restart.

Raine castles one and then a horrible mix out/run out.

40 from 12 needed with 5 wickets in hand.

Durham win by 16 runs via DLS

Parkinson went for 17 off his over but Raine going for only 5

Were going to be champions of Zimbabwe if we keep this up :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
He seems to have that composure in the middle order that we have been lacking for some time in the white ball stuff.

There doesn't appear to be anything out there on the bonus point rule, with cricinfo saying it should be 5 points for a bonus point win yet we are only on 6 points after 2 games :lol:

Off for rain now, but a good start by Gibson picking up 2 wickets on t20 debut
Well according to cricinfo we only picked up 2 points for today.

So bonus point must be awarded only via margin of victory. I feel that's a bit unfair seeing as we've effectively won by a large margin still.

16 run win in a 9 over chase is effectively 30+ in a 20 over game.

Well according to cricinfo we only picked up 2 points for today.

So bonus point must be awarded only via margin of victory. I feel that's a bit unfair seeing as we've effectively won by a large margin still.

16 run win in a 9 over chase is effectively 30+ in a 20 over game.
In CSA T20 a bonus point is awarded on a net run rate of 1.25 times that of the opposition. I suspect that's the rule being adopted in this tournament.

McKinney with 4 tonight for Tuskers.

Scored 22 in each of the first two games. Assuming him and Bushnell get to play against us.

Watch him have blinder in that game on Friday now :lol:

Gibson's started well, Stanley Mc started off with his best figures to date, I think. Is this the Bunny factor taking effect?

Hard to believe that the Hampshire game starts 4 weeks on Friday.... I can barely contain my excitement

The game on the 7th is against the Rhino's and is scheduled to start at 7am.
Does that mean it's on YouTube?
I think the time for games has changed every day. Cricinfo been wrong on them todays said 7am yesterday, says a 7am start again tomorrow for our game against McKinney/Bushnell

Our game will be on the Zimbabwe cricket facebook page I think. We've not been on youtube each game so far for the T20

Our game delayed by rain. But were in the final on saturday anyway as Eagles lost to the mountaineers, so we can't finish lower than 2nd now.

Not that our social media has advised this

Last edited:

Back