Poyet press conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poyet won't walk and I agree with him btw because I certainly wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't our manager by the end of this season.

They told us what they wanted us to know man.

They weren't telling us how much debt we were getting ourselves into when they allowed Keane and Bruce to an extent to sign a 9M keeper, or Bent for 16M and not the 10M Quinn kept mentioning.

I'll be shocked if Poyet walks.

They did tell us how much debt we were getting into as it was published every year in the accounts.

The point Im making is that there is a disconnect that exists now that didn't during the Drumaville era.

The current lot pay it lip service when things are looking up after derby wins and cup finals but with the every day bread and butter there is nothing there whatsoever.

Reactions: MKF
He's not getting backed by the board re signings I reckon.
Think you have the correct answer. Poyet and Congerton have been discussing transfer targets (2 lists - 1 for champ and 1 for PL). Something like 13 players from XI squad to leave. I reckon the money he has been allocated for replacements is from player sales. Parachute/TV payments to go towards reducing debt ready for sell off. Same as Di Canio/Di Fanti last year.

Definite power struggle going on here. Poyet gunning for more control.

I've said it all along. He won't be in charge at the start of next season. Why doesn't he fuck off now though? Give us a chance of staying up. Selfish twat. Obviously trying to get himself sacked now. Wants his payout. Shouldn't get one considering the crap job he's done.

Short full of shit? (for a change)...

Having a sporting director is normal all over the world,” said Poyet, who has been assured by Short that he will have the final word on new signings.

“Here, the word can be seen as the devil but that does not have to be the case. The most important thing is the relationship between the manager and that person.

“It needs to be spot on with both heading in the same direction, otherwise it won’t work. For me it is natural and it is something I don’t worry about at all."

Definite power struggle going on here. Poyet gunning for more control.
with cognerton you mean?seems strange to appoint someone the manager would be at odds with when you just sacked someone from that role....utterly astounding if they gave the job to LC without seeing if he and Poyet were compatible first.

Last edited:
They told us what they wanted us to know man.

They weren't telling us how much debt we were getting ourselves into when they allowed Keane and Bruce to an extent to sign a 9M keeper, or Bent for 16M and not the 10M Quinn kept mentioning.

I'll be shocked if Poyet walks.

Spot on.

They are like bookmakers only ever tell you about the loss they suffer never about how much money they actually make.

Comical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back