Powerlifting/Strength Training Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 26533
  • Start date
Hit some milestones in this last training block, really chuffed considering I'm upping my running for an ultra and still doing jiu-jitsu.
Squat 100kg for 3
Deadlift 150kg for 2
Bent over Row100kg
Bench 77.5kg

Bench is still the biggest bastard, but considering where I was a year ago I am owa the moon. Bodyweight of 72kg at the moment too. Feeling stronger and fitter at 40 then I have been in my life.
That’s a really, really good deadlift for your weight, mate. Surprised your squat is relatively so low compared to it though. When your deadlift goes up, squat etc tends to follow.

Judging by your bent over row numbers (also very, very good) I presume you’re quite dominant through the back and posterior chain and you prioritise your quads a bit less, and they haven’t caught up yet?

Hit some milestones in this last training block, really chuffed considering I'm upping my running for an ultra and still doing jiu-jitsu.
Squat 100kg for 3
Deadlift 150kg for 2
Bent over Row100kg
Bench 77.5kg

Bench is still the biggest bastard, but considering where I was a year ago I am owa the moon. Bodyweight of 72kg at the moment too. Feeling stronger and fitter at 40 then I have been in my life.
Good stuff!

I’m still training but having to modify everything, last post I made was about a deadlift, thought I’d got away with it but it’s fucked my knee which I thought was on the mend.

Can only do bench now out of the big lifts, doing RDLs but I am not keen on them.

Up to 80kg for 6 on bench which I’m happy with, pushing towards 90 for 8 as my target, before going fur the big 100.

That’s a really, really good deadlift for your weight, mate. Surprised your squat is relatively so low compared to it though. When your deadlift goes up, squat etc tends to follow.

Judging by your bent over row numbers (also very, very good) I presume you’re quite dominant through the back and posterior chain and you prioritise your quads a bit less, and they haven’t caught up yet?
Nailed it mate.

Back