Pothole watch

8 billion, 8 f***ing billion man. How about building them properly in the first place

Unbelievable, 8 billion for 5k of road repair. Someone pocketing some money.

What happens to car tax, fuel tax, MoT, and Vat on labour, and parts.
It's more like highway robbery.

There's a moon sized crater as you enter the carpark of Barclays in Bish. I bet there's a few claims already in for it?
Anyone wishing to have his alloys de-buckled, I kna a man who can help. ;)

I like the idea, it's not a new one, of the public spraying a big pink border around the offending holes. Helps identify them for road users and shames those responsible. The pen1$ method is intriguing too.

Someone tried that to get them to fix a one round the corner from where we used to live. It didn't work - they came along and painted black all over the artwork - so it just looked like a really bad coverup attempt.
Came in really handy for giving directions to quite a hidden-until-you're-on-top-of-it junction though - "turn left at the giant knob". Unfortunately it was at the time the kids were just starting to get nosey about that stuff so I had to pretend it was a space rocket someone had painted.

If you drive round Lukes lane estate clockwise,just as you come out, the exit is chronic. Just a series of lumps, bumps, shit repairs and potholes.

If you head down to the Robin Hood pub in Jarrow from York ave, just as you turn right before the pub to head under bridge, its the same there as Lukes lane. That little quadrant turn to get you back onto the dual carriageway is very bad both sides.

Someone tried that to get them to fix a one round the corner from where we used to live. It didn't work - they came along and painted black all over the artwork - so it just looked like a really bad coverup attempt.
Came in really handy for giving directions to quite a hidden-until-you're-on-top-of-it junction though - "turn left at the giant knob". Unfortunately it was at the time the kids were just starting to get nosey about that stuff so I had to pretend it was a space rocket someone had painted.
I think anything is worth a try. I'm fairly sick of driving through them, particularly in the dark on unfamiliar roads. I wonder how much damage is done that doesn't quite cause a breakdown but contributes to weakening the structure of your vehicle.

Drove over a lethal one on Follingsby Lane last week heading back into Washington just past the traffic lights where the Amazon factory starts.

just had a look on that fixmystreet and there's already loads of pot hole reports so it doesn't seem like the council care too much about it. there's a couple of main roads next to me that are completely unroadworthy. I've got low profile tyres and spend more time checking the road surface than looking ahead, have to drive like I'm doing the slalom!

I'm in Edinburgh but it seems like it's just as bad over in Glasgow...

Taxi drivers protest pothole 'nightmare' in Glasgow

Never heard of that before, or if I had I'd forgotten, I'll have to have a look. I report them direct to the relevant Council and find both Sunderland and South Tyneside pretty quick, especially if they're bad.

I struggle with the council websites as I may not know street names (they may have updated since), Fix my street uses a map which I find easier, it also works out who to report to which is handy if you are out of the area and want to report something.

I logged from potholes outside the tip but unfortunately it's not an adopted road (guess the big gates after the roundabout are the giveaway) so they won't fix them, others I logged at the same time were fixed with days.

Private car parks round out way are the worst. Happy to send out fines for overstaying but not so happy to fix their potholes

just had a look on that fixmystreet and there's already loads of pot hole reports so it doesn't seem like the council care too much about it. there's a couple of main roads next to me that are completely unroadworthy. I've got low profile tyres and spend more time checking the road surface than looking ahead, have to drive like I'm doing the slalom!

I'm in Edinburgh but it seems like it's just as bad over in Glasgow...

Taxi drivers protest pothole 'nightmare' in Glasgow
No idea how Scottish councils/government have got away with the state of roads up there tbh, the streets around Murrayfield/Craigleith are a disgrace, I'm just up there on business once a month or so but some of the streets have potholes that are a good 6 inches deep and 3 foot wide, these are on streets with really nice detached houses. No idea why the people living there not kicking right off as they seem to have really nice cars too. England is bad but Scotland take it to another level.

No idea how Scottish councils/government have got away with the state of roads up there tbh, the streets around Murrayfield/Craigleith are a disgrace, I'm just up there on business once a month or so but some of the streets have potholes that are a good 6 inches deep and 3 foot wide, these are on streets with really nice detached houses. No idea why the people living there not kicking right off as they seem to have really nice cars too. England is bad but Scotland take it to another level.
Edinburgh Council is very anti-car, trying to get people on the bus and tram as much as possible but even the busses are struggling in the streets around me. Even Princes Street is bad though. I've seen the guys shovelling a bit of tar off the back of a flat bed van and tamp it down with the back of their shovels, couple of minutes later a double decker bus comes along and it's back to square one. complete waste of time and money!

Back