Potential dismissal at work legal help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think best case would be to also not mention it, or chase anything, until someone speaks to you. If it's not your Union speaking to you first, decline to comment or enter any conversation without your representative present. It'll slow it down and they can't just dismiss you without going through the correct routes. Best of luck, never nice to see anyone potentially lose their job, particularly with your personal family circumstances.

Also, whoever grassed you up is a bit of a c***

I was told by my manager that it was going to investigatory, and I told her that I was advised by the union to tell her I had received no fuel training, and that they'd sit in on any investigatory.

She said there was nothing she could do because the area manager and HR knew about it etc etc, but funny enough since we talked she hasn't mentioned anything about the investigation.

I dont know if their weighing up whether it's worth following up or not or whether shes just shitting me up one last time before I leave, but personally I have no idea at the moment
TBF, they should’ve suspended you if it was such a risk. They haven’t so that’ll work in your favour too I reckon.

TBF, they should’ve suspended you if it was such a risk. They haven’t so that’ll work in your favour too I reckon.

You don't actually have to suspend in cases of gross misconduct now, which seems a bit odd. I always err on the side of caution as in not doing so the company are kind of saying 'what you did was so dangerous we decided to let you stay at work on the off chance you might do it again'.

You don't actually have to suspend in cases of gross misconduct now, which seems a bit odd. I always err on the side of caution as in not doing so the company are kind of saying 'what you did was so dangerous we decided to let you stay at work on the off chance you might do it again'.
Got to admit, I wasn’t sure whether they had to but it would be suicide not to over such a “potential catastrophic H&S breach”!

If you can be bothered with all arsing about, given that you are leaving soon, your Union should be able to get your off if they decide to take action. Looks to me like there are to many holes in their procedures i.e training.

Two wrongs do not make a right.

That's all I can think of.

Sorry.

my advice would be to contact Green Flag and ask them for some support here. Its their actions that have landed you in this mess, not yours. Is your forecourt covered by cctv? this will at least show you having a discussion with them prior to the 'jump start', where you did suggest a tow-away as a 1st option. Maybe they can confirm the conversation. Also, they are a big national vehicle handling company, surely their own safety (fire) training would prevent them from doing anything unsafe or dangerous around a fuel station? They won't want any bad publicity here, or any H&S investigation of their actions, so they might be quite keen to help you with your mitigation. I would get your union to contact them and explain that you are about to possibly be dismissed for misconduct because their engineers chose to carry out an unsafe(?) procedure on your forecourt despite your suggestion of a tow-away, and if that happens you will be looking to publicise what happened to help your unfair dismissal case. Its worth a try, you are not the sole person who has done something wrong here, you deserve some support. good luck.

my advice would be to contact Green Flag and ask them for some support here. Its their actions that have landed you in this mess, not yours. Is your forecourt covered by cctv? this will at least show you having a discussion with them prior to the 'jump start', where you did suggest a tow-away as a 1st option. Maybe they can confirm the conversation. Also, they are a big national vehicle handling company, surely their own safety (fire) training would prevent them from doing anything unsafe or dangerous around a fuel station? They won't want any bad publicity here, or any H&S investigation of their actions, so they might be quite keen to help you with your mitigation. I would get your union to contact them and explain that you are about to possibly be dismissed for misconduct because their engineers chose to carry out an unsafe(?) procedure on your forecourt despite your suggestion of a tow-away, and if that happens you will be looking to publicise what happened to help your unfair dismissal case. Its worth a try, you are not the sole person who has done something wrong here, you deserve some support. good luck.
I can see where you are coming from but that is now wrong advice. He does nothing now unless instructed by his union.

Sounds like the straw that broke the camels back was a right fuck up on your part, however I would concentrate on what went before, anything your manager did that constituted bullying and harassment etc. When/if sacked claim unfair dismissal on those grounds ( anything untoward that went before ) and maybe link it in to the jump start/lack of training scenario. Don't suppose you thought about joining a trades union when you first started?. Not hopeful of a successful outcome based on what you have said, always best to nip things in the bud straightaway with bullying and harassment, log everything down, make a complaint, don't wait till the end and then complain, its usually too late then, and the person making your life a misery is usually the victor.

Gonzalo, you sound quite stressed, maybe from workplace bullying?

Have you thought about seeing your GP about that stress your work has contributed to? ;););)

Last edited:

1 week countdown until we see a "Work for Green Flag and someone has dropped me in the shit" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back