Postmen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looks like it's heading that way. It's a damn shame the loss of all those jobs, and anyone who isn't on line has to pay through the nose.

It is a shame but if the work isn't there any more they may not have other options. Unemployment here is dropping nicely though so hopefully folks will be able to get back in soon after.

And just a wee correction to my post from earlier, the Australia bit should have been the other way 'round. It costs twenty-seven kroner for a national Quick Mail letter of fifty gram but twenty-five for a normal letter of the same weight from here to down under (or anywhere else in the world for that matter). So basically it will cost me two kroner more to post a letter to nextdoor than it would cost me to post a letter to the other side of the world. I've never spent as much on stamps for my Christmas cards than I did last December. With three quid a card to abroad and with thirty odd cards posted to the UK alone it was getting a bit silly in the end. It isn't going to stop me penning Christmas cards but the inflation on stamps has gone beyond mad. I know they have to hike the prices to somehow get a bit of money back into the company but how is hiking the prices on stamps at this rate going to make more people post letters ?

It is a shame but if the work isn't there any more they may not have other options. Unemployment here is dropping nicely though so hopefully folks will be able to get back in soon after.

And just a wee correction to my post from earlier, the Australia bit should have been the other way 'round. It costs twenty-seven kroner for a national Quick Mail letter of fifty gram but twenty-five for a normal letter of the same weight from here to down under (or anywhere else in the world for that matter). So basically it will cost me two kroner more to post a letter to nextdoor than it would cost me to post a letter to the other side of the world. I've never spent as much on stamps for my Christmas cards than I did last December. With three quid a card to abroad and with thirty odd cards posted to the UK alone it was getting a bit silly in the end. It isn't going to stop me penning Christmas cards but the inflation on stamps has gone beyond mad. I know they have to hike the prices to somehow get a bit of money back into the company but how is hiking the prices on stamps at this rate going to make more people post letters ?
Sounds like they're cutting their own throats. It's nuts.

Sounds like they're cutting their own throats. It's nuts.

It's silly, just silly. And of course most people won't pay for the Quick Mail option with a normal letter being only eight kroner. But that means only two delivery days a week and soon just the one. Both options strike me as being poor value. My local postman has taken quite a bit of flack over it already with people complaining but it isn't their fault and it really annoys me when someone has a go at them for doing their job.

It's silly, just silly. And of course most people won't pay for the Quick Mail option with a normal letter being only eight kroner. But that means only two delivery days a week and soon just the one. Both options strike me as being poor value. My local postman has taken quite a bit of flack over it already with people complaining but it isn't their fault and it really annoys me when someone has a go at them for doing their job.
Hassling the poor bloke won't change anything, he's just doing his job while he still has it. Some people really are dense.

At least you still get post. Last year they stopped bringing post on Saturdays here in DK. And at New Year they changed it again so we now only get post delivered on Weds and Fridays. Not only that, because of a massive minus in the Danish part of the company, PostNord will change it yet again later this year and only deliver post once a week. I have stopped my subscription to the daily Sunderland Echo because of it. :(

You should go back to your native Netherlands, mate. Postal service is much better there

Half the fuckers wear shorts now.
I can remember in my childhood when Postman were very smartly attired in uniform.
Half them look like latter day hippies now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back