Post a video of the footballer that first made you love football

• Thread starter Deleted member 45378
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
There wasn't any footballer who made me love football. I loved the game and SAFC. Didn't really have any SAFC heros and was more interested in the team winning matches, and thinking about it I was always more interested in good teams than good individual players.

So for me, although they didn't make me love football, it would be the early years of watching SAFC and the great Liverpool teams of the early to mid '80s.

One of the most laziest players ever but my god what a player....one of xavi's favourite players growing up and Athletic Bilbao honoured him for his loyalty to Southampton.....7 caps for England what a joke

Video. What’s that??

Us more mature lads use Pathe News sonny
Ah them were the days
Coca doodle do

Loved Merson when I was a young’un, I was 4 or 5 when Arsenal won the league at Liverpool which is my first football memory.

Well although I never saw him play I suppose it was Jimmy Connor who owned a newsagent in North Hylton Road who sold me my Beano. He was long retired because of injury by then but all the kids knew he had been one of the Lads and consequently he was a gentleman of some importance. There was always a buzz in his shop especially when the paper lads were getting their rounds together ready to go out and the talk with Jimmy was about football who always had time for the kids. I always remember him as a lovely man
Here' some footage of him with some of the rest of the Lads from that time - a couple of decades before I even entered the world but like me I know that quite a few on here will know many of the names passed down by dads and granddads.

probably 100 footballers I could post as the skilful ones would have me amazed as a kid and glued to watching, waiting for that moment of pure genius

Last edited:

This fellah for me, was a goalie myself as a young'un, wanted to be Monty's successor in due course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back