Post a pic of your nanna's radio...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a nice little 1950s bakelite one sat behind me. Fixed it myself, replaced the tubes, fixed the dials, resoldered the power cord. Nice thing.

Got my eye on the massive one sat behind the bar in Chaplins... :lol:

Lovely bit of kit there G.
My late b-i-l bought a knackered up one just like that. He was very handy with the old DIY and intended to refurbish it - not sure if he planned to keep it original and source parts or put something new and solid state in and just polish up the cabinet. Sadly he died before getting to it and knowing my sister she’ll have lobbed it in the skip before he was cold.

Logon or register to see this image

Mine had summat like this. Never tuned to anything but the home service. My aunt tried to put the light programme on once and there was hell to pay.
Me dad had a Garrard o e like that in our front room but record player only, no wireless. I think me brother has it now.

We used to have a small Hitachi transistor radio on the mantelpiece on whichbwed listen to the top twenty after tea on a Sunday - the two knobs and the (horizontal) dial were all on the top. When we went on holiday - road trip of course - you could install it into a slot under the dashboard of our Vauxhall Viva so it did double duty as a car radio. Now that’s modern technology for you righ there!

Just did a quick image search and this is exactly what we had. Even remember me mam using a butter knife on that wass screw in the back to remove the rear panel and add four AA batteries.

Hitachi TM-816U Transistor Radio #vintage

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back