Post a pic of your nanna's radio...

Me grandads was one of those Bakelite brown ones with the speaker grill on the front and the two buttons, one in each lower corner, about twice the size of your average toaster.
Not sure if anyone’s still got it, it dated back to the war and would sit on the matelpiece in pre tv days when people would sit round the fire and listen to the ‘wireless’. That was when they heard the announcement that we were at war with Gerry.

I think me brother has me dad’s one from our house, for a long time I thought it was goosed till I realised it had valves in it which take about ten minutes to warm up before the thing starts working.

You maybe should have got her some cds as well.:lol:
RIP nanna Exile.:(
We did, along with the porridge dvds, open all hours dvd`s and dads army dvds and the dvd player. All of which now reside on my computer desk, and in fairness she did watch them a fair bit :lol:

Tell you what though, me dad has the radio and i would love to get it working again see what it sounds like

Great radio. pics?
Long gone marra. Me Dar bought it on the strength of my uncle having a more expensive grundig with loads more bands on. He had a coble down Seaham Harbour and could tune into the other boats radios. Me Dar bought a plug in aerial for ours what was clipped onto the car window, which was then wound back up to keep it in place so we had sounds in his ford consul.

Long gone marra. Me Dar bought it on the strength of my uncle having a more expensive grundig with loads more bands on. He had a coble down Seaham Harbour and could tune into the other boats radios. Me Dar bought a plug in aerial for ours what was clipped onto the car window, which was then wound back up to keep it in place so we had sounds in his ford consul.

Probably a Grundig Yacht Boy, they've got loads of SW bands.

Back