Post a pic of your axe

Discussion in 'SMB' started by ReaL Madras, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Electric seems to be his thing at the moment. Cheers for the link. I'll have a look through

He'd love that mind!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  2. Nig

Nig Midfield

The acoustic i posted a pic of next to the banjo a few posts back is a Yamaha 700ms i bought 2nd hand just over a year ago in as new condition .
    Still had the plastic on the pick guard and tuners etc and i paid £70 for a £200 guitar.
    So worth looking at 2nd hand but be careful of damage etc.

Edit,,
    If you're after electric.

Yamaha pacifica ;)

Buzzcock and mackembuddha like this.
  3. Also very nice

Nig likes this.
  4. I’d get him a bass.

5. Buzzcock

Buzzcock Striker

Go and see Shaun at Riff raff. He's always got loads of decent reasonably priced electrics in stock. They'll be set up properly anarl.

6. Flip

Flip Midfield

Really cheap but good Squier Bullet (?) or Yamaha Pacifica if you want to pay little more get a Epiphone Les Paul Pro second hand 200, brand new 400. If you go second hand look at someof the North east guitar groups on facebooks there's always loads of decent gear for sale.
    Cheers

7. Tex

Tex Striker

I had a cherry red Epiphone Es335 which had a beautiful wide flat neck great for a beginner or a clumsy git like me.

Traded up for my Gibson 336 but I still miss that neck.

8. Nig

Nig Midfield

The best deal was that candy red Aria 714 with duncan pickups. Practice amp, tuner, stand, strap, fender bag and lead as new.
    £35 :eek:

9. Yeh was considering takin him along somewhere to choose for himself.

Where was that??

Very nice. Am I right looking at about 300 quid for the Epi?

10. Nig

Nig Midfield

Ebay. I was only after a stand and saw that and put a cheeky bid in of 40 odd quid :D

11. Did you get it?

12. Nig

Nig Midfield

Yeah as i say i won them for £35 :)

13. Shack

Shack Midfield

What sort of music is he into? That will probably rule out a few things from both a sound and look perspective. Nice to get him something as a surprise but if he gets into them he'll want to pick his own.

I'd personally say learn on an acoustic as it will be harder moving on from electric to acoustic but not the other way round as it will strengthen his fingers. I prefer acoustics but do have a Gretsch Streamliner as I wanted a lightweight electric. I find most heavy and unforgettable after a while.

wigwams likes this.
  14. Nirvana seems to be his thing to try and play at the moment so something along those lines. Got an acoustic too but he doesn't seem interested in it. Might try him with it

15. conrad

conrad Midfield

Just pay priority boarding and get it in overhead before everyone piles on. Steve vai’s advice

16. Shack

Shack Midfield

Cobain played a cheap as shit acoustic apparently on the Nevermind recording of Polly. A Fender Jaguar would be a canny guitar for a Nirvana fan - you can get a Squire version for £300: Buy the Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar 3 Tone Sunburst IL

wigwams likes this.
  17. Cheers mate. I'll Check it out. Might go with what you suggested and take him to a shop. Maybe even just to scout what he goes and picks up

Shack likes this.
  18. S.S.R..

S.S.R.. Midfield

19. ReaL Madras

ReaL Madras Striker Staff Member Contributor

They have stopped you doing that now......

20. Barnacle Boy

Barnacle Boy Striker

Think you're being a bit optimistic with that Sheraton mind @Big Duke Six