Post a pic of your axe

Had a Divorce clear out :cry:
Rickenbacker
70s jazz
Fender precision
60s jazz
60s ri Strat
all gone
On the plus side i picked up a 60s Re issue Jap Precision in the classic Sunburst/tortoiseshell/rosewood combo
Still got a few so life rumbles on
Should have put one of them over her bracket marra.
Would kill me to get rid of any of mine

Aaaaarrgghhh! I just dinged my new Fiesta Red Strat!! It was propped up against a table resting on it's gig bag, and I caught the gig bag in the castor of my computer chair and the Strat fell over onto the concrete floor. Nice little chip in the upper horn, down to the wood.

Have filled in the chip with some of our lass' nail polish. :evil:

Could have been a lot worse if the neck had taken the knock, I suppose.

Aaaaarrgghhh! I just dinged my new Fiesta Red Strat!! It was propped up against a table resting on it's gig bag, and I caught the gig bag in the castor of my computer chair and the Strat fell over onto the concrete floor. Nice little chip in the upper horn, down to the wood.

Have filled in the chip with some of our lass' nail polish. :evil:

Could have been a lot worse if the neck had taken the knock, I suppose.
You're just adding character, though..

I'm sure you can buy copies of Rory's Strat .

Indeed you can but to me, playing a guitar that is a copy of a famous player's instrument is like noticing that you have a basic resemblance to a celebrity, and then having your hair cut like him and dressing like him, just to look like him. Why?

I can totally understand people who want to set up their guitar like SRV or EC or Gilmour so they can get their sound, but the look thing is irrelevant, imho anyway.

True dat. She's got some way to go to rival Rory's Strat!

I never got the "relicing" thing on new guitars, btw. It's like cheating.
Agree completely.

Also, I cant imagine the conversation with the wife trying to justify paying £2k or thereabouts for a guitar that looks beaten up!

(In case you're wondering, and just for the record, I'm terrified of her)

You're just adding character, though..
Been better in The White Swan than his man cave

Agree completely.

Also, I cant imagine the conversation with the wife trying to justify paying £2k or thereabouts for a guitar that looks beaten up!

(In case you're wondering, and just for the record, I'm terrified of her)
I wouldnt pay high end relic prices but mid range i would.Lucky to have had a few naturally beaten up guitars.Its about looks as much as playing with guitars and they have "The Look" imo.Can't stand a clean shiney guitar,especially gold hardware type stuff

Last edited:

Back