Possible Points totals as of today 15. 01.2020...

Whichever way you look at it, this is a volatile league, full of big blokes who do unpredictable things. I think we could end up anywhere, between first and fourteenth.

I think you need to look up what extrapolated means mate, because its not that list. That is a listed of maximum points available.

I have to say I never cease to be amazed by the complete lack of mathematical ability shown by huge numbers of our population. 100 points from 46 games is 100 points from 138 available points which = 72.463 of the available points. 44 games is a maximum of 132 points and 132 x 0.72463 = 95.65 points. So if we get 96 then we would be ahead of the 100 point target and if we only get 95 points then we are behind, but it would be near enough.

Incidentally for those who love numbers like me, 0.956 is also the result of the fraction 44/46. So I could have just said 44/46 x 100 = 95.6 Hope this helps ;)
Yeah, but Bury was two games we would deffo have won. So we'd have had 6 more points.
I never cease to be amazed at the complete lack of mathematical probability shown by huge numbers of the population, that think taking Bury out of the league would and should effect the expected points as much as if say Oxford or Coventry were taken out of the league.
You have to look at each game on probability to win, expected points for that game, and then divide the tally.
Surely you wouldn't think teams have as much chance of beating man city as they would Norwich?
Different football teams can't be seen as equal statistically to achieve the same results.
Taking Bury out, which we would have given odds of 1.1 to win at home, and 1.4 to win away, reduces our points total to 94.35, rounded down to 94.
The calculation doesn't work like that as 100 points is a percentage of the absolute maximum achievable. So applying the same percentage to two less games worked out as 96 as I remember. Although it was a while ago now.

Edit. Its 95.56.
See above ;)

Last edited:
Rotherham 101
Wycombe 101
Coventry 101
Doncaster 100
Fleetwood 99
Us 98
Pompey 98
Oxford 97
Burton 96
Bristol Rovers 96
Peterboro 94
Blackpool 94

Of those listed above, AWAY - Rotherham, Coventry, Pompey, B. Rovers, Burton, Blackpool

Home - Ipswich, Doncaster, Fleetwood, Peterboro

Thoughts ?
I'll tell u in May... Its all alphabet diarrhea until then

Rotherham 101
Wycombe 101
Coventry 101
Doncaster 100
Fleetwood 99
Us 98
Pompey 98
Oxford 97
Burton 96
Bristol Rovers 96
Peterboro 94
Blackpool 94

Of those listed above, AWAY - Rotherham, Coventry, Pompey, B. Rovers, Burton, Blackpool

Home - Ipswich, Doncaster, Fleetwood, Peterboro

Thoughts ?

No fecking idea. Considering the dross thats beaten us away I can see a couple of defeats on the road there.

Scraping 2 points out of 6 against Bolton and losing 4 or 5 league away games on the bounce was a low point that just must never be repeated. Last season's point total would have walked this league and a weaker league this time at that.

Scraping 2 points out of 6 against Bolton and losing 4 or 5 league away games on the bounce was a low point that just must never be repeated. Last season's point total would have walked this league and a weaker league this time at that.

Bolton have 19 points from 23 games including 2 from us, disgusting that, particularly the home one.

Back