Possible Points totals as of today 15. 01.2020...

Cov, doncaster, Oxford, pompey, Burton and Rotherham have very good form. Cov, Oxford and Portsmouth have been on a much better than ours, the rest slightly better or the same as us.

we've improved and we have momentum but so do 6 other teams at the moment. And two other teams who don't have momentum are above us. (wycombe/Ipswich)

Doncaster can still go above us if they win their game in hand as well as Fleetwood.

Then Gillingham down to Fleetwood still have a chance, especial Lincoln out of the bunch, maybe Peterborough can get out of their bad spell and kick on. So it really is a 15 club race at the moment.

I suspect 2-5 teams drop out over the next month and come end of February we will see, love this part of the season.

Rotherham 101
Wycombe 101
Coventry 101
Doncaster 100
Fleetwood 99
Us 98
Pompey 98
Oxford 97
Burton 96
Bristol Rovers 96
Peterboro 94
Blackpool 94

Of those listed above, AWAY - Rotherham, Coventry, Pompey, B. Rovers, Burton, Blackpool

Home - Ipswich, Doncaster, Fleetwood, Peterboro

Thoughts ?
80 points will win it

Hi Kildare

;)
Fuck off man, me phones got a broken screen. I'm no bongie
Cov, doncaster, Oxford, pompey, Burton and Rotherham have very good form. Cov, Oxford and Portsmouth have been on a much better than ours, the rest slightly better or the same as us.

we've improved and we have momentum but so do 6 other teams at the moment. And two other teams who don't have momentum are above us. (wycombe/Ipswich)

Doncaster can still go above us if they win their game in hand as well as Fleetwood.

Then Gillingham down to Fleetwood still have a chance, especial Lincoln out of the bunch, maybe Peterborough can get out of their bad spell and kick on. So it really is a 15 club race at the moment.

I suspect 2-5 teams drop out over the next month and come end of February we will see, love this part of the season.
There's nee way Kildare could fathom something as literate as that

Last edited:
Rotherham 101
Wycombe 101
Coventry 101
Doncaster 100
Fleetwood 99
Us 98
Pompey 98
Oxford 97
Burton 96
Bristol Rovers 96
Peterboro 94
Blackpool 94

Of those listed above, AWAY - Rotherham, Coventry, Pompey, B. Rovers, Burton, Blackpool

Home - Ipswich, Doncaster, Fleetwood, Peterboro

Thoughts ?

I can see us beating them all.

Surely 94.
6 points from our two wins we would have got at Bury taken off.

It's gonna be an ace end to the season no matter what.

The calculation doesn't work like that as 100 points is a percentage of the absolute maximum achievable. So applying the same percentage to two less games worked out as 96 as I remember. Although it was a while ago now.

Edit. Its 95.56.

Last edited:
I think you need to use the term extrapolated mate.

I think you need to look up what extrapolated means mate, because its not that list. That is a listed of maximum points available.
Surely 94.
6 points from our two wins we would have got at Bury taken off.

It's gonna be an ace end to the season no matter what.

I have to say I never cease to be amazed by the complete lack of mathematical ability shown by huge numbers of our population. 100 points from 46 games is 100 points from 138 available points which = 72.463 of the available points. 44 games is a maximum of 132 points and 132 x 0.72463 = 95.65 points. So if we get 96 then we would be ahead of the 100 point target and if we only get 95 points then we are behind, but it would be near enough.

Incidentally for those who love numbers like me, 0.956 is also the result of the fraction 44/46. So I could have just said 44/46 x 100 = 95.6 Hope this helps ;)

Last edited:
Oh god, not this again - please - I gave up explaining how meaningless it was last season. This season, especially with our dramatic change in fortunes form cannot be ignored from here in to create anything even vaguely relevant. Safe to say the league really is wide open right now a) its good no one has 'booked' a spot and b) it's perhaps bad that there are 9 teams or so still absolutely in it. Right now we have the momentum and that's cause for some belief.

Not as meaningless as your posts on the matter, clearly ;)

You do realise that as form improves, your extrapolated total does the same, right?

Not as meaningless as your posts on the matter, clearly ;)

You do realise that as form improves, your extrapolated total does the same, right?

Absolutely, but when most people think of 'form' they mean 6, 8, 10, even 12 games - anything that can be associated with recent performance as a guide to likely results, but you don't - you insist on a contrived objectivety by seeing form as the entire season to date, which is OK up to a point but towards the end of the season adds no significant value to the 'concept' of form and statistically simply reinforces the existing table. All calculations produce results, not all results have any meaning.

Absolutely, but when most people think of 'form' they mean 6, 8, 10, even 12 games - anything that can be associated with recent performance as a guide to likely results, but you don't - you insist on a contrived objectivety by seeing form as the entire season to date, which is OK up to a point but towards the end of the season adds no significant value to the 'concept' of form and statistically simply reinforces the existing table. All calculations produce results, not all results have any meaning.

In a world of xG and limitless statistical analysis, it's supposed to be simple, that's the very point of it. That's something some people miss time and again.

Back