Positive news is to come...

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you think will happen over

How do you envisage this playing out, if for arguments sake the club runs out of cash in the next couple of months. Is Madrox likely, willing or able to loan cash to the club. When's the money due back to FPP?

I honestly have no idea. If Donald puts anything in at all, it will be under duress. His only incentive is if it's likely he'd lose more by not putting money in. He's been told he's not welcome, and, from what we know of him, his reaction will be to withdraw. We know nothing at all of the finer details of the FPP loan, ie interest and repayment terms. I'd imagine it's a term loan, with the capital only repayable at the end of the loan period (just like the SBC loan to the club when Short was owner).

Who would you have then!

Id get in someone with fresh ideas. Could easy be an ex player looking to take their first steps in management. Someone who is high profile with connections to top clubs for loanee purposes.

Either that or would have Adkins. He got Southampton from league 1 to the prem and did a good job at Hull working with a lot of young players. Problem there is the wages which is why he left Hull.

Id get in someone with fresh ideas. Could easy be an ex player looking to take their first steps in management. Someone who is high profile with connections to top clubs for loanee purposes.

Either that or would have Adkins. He got Southampton from league 1 to the prem and did a good job at Hull working with a lot of young players. Problem there is the wages which is why he left Hull.
this board would be furious if we signed adkins...rightly or wrongly.
conections at big clubs? w have had no proble getting loans from big clubs marra..they havent been good.
the manager starting out is probably the ideal..though i dont think the profile matters..but its very high risk, more fail than succeed, especally at tis level if they are used to hgher.

we werent recruiting for a manager who is good in the championship. but for one at league one.
Parkinson wouldnt have been my first choice either, but i would rather have had him than ross.
I think the job parkinson did at bolton was tremendous..kept them up while under a tranfser embargo..while the expensively assembled sunderland with the "high profile" manager were relegated.
hiring a manager because they are high profile is moroic, hire them because they are proven for the job at had, the job that needs doing now, not the one you hope or expect needs doing in the future.

Hiring Parkinson because he got Bolton out of league 1 is moronic, they were attritional and his record in the championship is nothing short of terrible.

If you think someone can bring in fresh ideas then giving someone unproven a go isn’t moronic, there will be examples of good xnd bad but it didn’t work out badly for us the last time when Keane took us up and it didn’t work out badly for Charlton when they were beating us at Wembley. Even in the premier league a club like Arsenal are willing to give arteta a go because they believe in his vision, same goes for Chelsea giving Lampard a go after a year at derby where they got to the play off final. The 3 teams that came up from league 2 were aged 37,40 and 41 too so not masses of experience in any of those.

There is no case for Parkinson (Other than £)
this board would be furious if we signed adkins...rightly or wrongly.
conections at big clubs? w have had no proble getting loans from big clubs marra..they havent been good.
the manager starting out is probably the ideal..though i dont think the profile matters..but its very high risk, more fail than succeed, especally at tis level if they are used to hgher.

It wouldn’t be furious at all. I think it would be a welcome appointment. This board was furious at Parkinson however as the majority recognised he wasn’t the right man.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hiring Parkinson because he got Bolton out of league 1 is moronic, they were attritional and his record in the championship is nothing short of terrible.

If you think someone can bring in fresh ideas then giving someone unproven a go isn’t moronic, there will be examples of good xnd bad but it didn’t work out badly for us the last time when Keane took us up and it didn’t work out badly for Charlton when they were beating us at Wembley. Even in the premier league a club like Arsenal are willing to give arteta a go because they believe in his vision, same goes for Chelsea giving Lampard a go after a year at derby where they got to the play off final. The 3 teams that came up from league 2 were aged 37,40 and 41 too so not masses of experience in any of those.

There is no case for Parkinson

It wouldn’t be furious at all. I think it would be a welcome appointment. This board was furious at Parkinson however as the majority recognised he wasn’t the right man.
the fact parkison got promotd with "attritonal" football is largely irreleavnt. the goal is promoton, not pretty football. the job he did at bolton is a better job than keano id at sunderland, gven the different circumstaces.
you can have fresh ideas without hiring a complete rookie..my frst choice would be paul cook,

the fact parkison got promotd with "attritonal" football is largely irreleavnt. the goal is promoton, not pretty football. the job he did at bolton is a better job than keano id at sunderland, gven the different circumstaces.
you can have fresh ideas without hiring a complete rookie..my frst choice would be paul cook,
Parkinson was promoted with Colchester and also got Bradford to the play off's so if you take in all three it isn't such a bad record. I'm not saying that if we had proper long term investment instead of muddling by i wouldn't want someone with a vision for the club like Poyet but people seem to miss facts about Parkinson.

Not sure if it’s up to date but can we believe a word he says!!!!
@Grumpy Old Man 45% wage bill to turnover! Getting better? Good position?

It's from April. 45% wages to turnover suggests a wage bill of around £8m, unless he's including the last parachute in turnover. That seems optimistic to me if it's just on recurring income. We were probably in a reasonable place before lockdown. Now, it's anyone's guess, but it's not going to be better.

It's from April. 45% wages to turnover suggests a wage bill of around £8m, unless he's including the last parachute in turnover. That seems optimistic to me if it's just on recurring income. We were probably in a reasonable place before lockdown. Now, it's anyone's guess, but it's not going to be better.
Watmore gone must be a big chunk of savings as well but with no income they’ll have to dip into the money they said they’ll pay back until the cash flow can start again!

This isn't information but in wondering if the reason the season cards refunds have been such a mess, plus the furlough being extended and not topped up, could this mean we are actually about to be bought and they're just making sure they don't have to pay for anything else out of their own pocket?
I wish you wouldn’t Lewbs, my emotions are up and down more times than a bride’s nightie, bloody hell
i am working on it mate..should be better now as i gave my keyboard a deep clean this morning. I also type much to fast on here..am trying to slow down. I dont type that badly in real life.
And here’s me thinking your keyboard was dyslexic

Last edited:
I disagree strongly mate.

The aim like david jones said should be to obtain a team that doesnt require wholesale changes should we be promoted. It's a really short sighted view to buy a team to be promoted from this division.

While on the point of Norwich and Stuart Webber, look at his signings, many were signed in the championship and now capable of playing in the premiership and will be sold at huge profits.
I don't propose buying anyone in league one. Save our money. I've only dipped in this thread a little so haven't seen anything about Norwich and Webber.

Of course I'd love us to have a side of excellent young players who will develop as we go up. But under the current set up sadly that's dreamland. We could have spent the entirety of the Grigg fee and wages on scouts, retaining youth players and signing new ones for pittance or free. But we didn't.

I don't propose buying anyone in league one. Save our money. I've only dipped in this thread a little so haven't seen anything about Norwich and Webber.

Of course I'd love us to have a side of excellent young players who will develop as we go up. But under the current set up sadly that's dreamland. We could have spent the entirety of the Grigg fee and wages on scouts, retaining youth players and signing new ones for pittance or free. But we didn't.

I agree we wont, I just read you post as pretty much agreeing with what has happened as opposed to what should be done.

My apologies if i read it wrong.

I agree we wont, I just read you post as pretty much agreeing with what has happened as opposed to what should be done.

My apologies if i read it wrong.
I probably didn't explain it well. It's all symptomatic of the owners having no intention of being here even medium term let alone long term, so they have no interest in having a long term plan or giving two sh!TS about our future prospects.

And also, my post was more in reaction to people expecting us to sign established championship quality players, which is unrealistic. It's a miracle we got Willis who wasn't an established level above player let alone players already proven at that level.

I probably didn't explain it well. It's all symptomatic of the owners having no intention of being here even medium term let alone long term, so they have no interest in having a long term plan or giving two sh!TS about our future prospects.

And also, my post was more in reaction to people expecting us to sign established championship quality players, which is unrealistic. It's a miracle we got Willis who wasn't an established level above player let alone players already proven at that level.

Said in that manner, I quite agree sir.

Brilliant this text lark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back