Positive news is to come...

Status
Not open for further replies.

It is only now unrealistic and we already fucked because of the shit strategy in place when we came down. Donald and co should be lined up against a wall and shot. The appointment of Parkinson only confirms the view that they’re not concerned about anything above league 1 because they’d fuck off and sell us leaving us in the shit with a squad like you posted and with a shit manager
coventry apponted someone with not much better a record than mark robins..ie a boring safe league one choice...thats what works. our lot tried to be clever with hiring ross and it failed.
Previous club Huddersfield, relegated anarl
from a higher divisio than he found them n.
Isn't that what Mr Methven mentions and highlights in the podcast he / you did the other week........
he said sometng more extreme than that..think he said in europe or something....methven is a cretin and a thoroughly unpleasant person..but the data shows safc have been very unsucessful for many years..

Last edited:
hav you watched the younger academy teams to know if any good league one or champo standard players are coming through?
Have you? As in what age groups? It's a good question...
But quite rightfully we need to get out this bastard league ASAP .. And some of ones who possibly could have made an impact have been sold off.

so 5 games isn't many, but 10 (including Checkatrades) is ? For an 18 year old, its not "very good" either way.

Rooney was playing for England and a regular in the Premier League at 17 - now that is impressive
wayne rooney is a once in a generation freak in terms of his talent..
i didnt say fve games isnt many..i said the opposite..i said the one game e played before the league one isnt many.

Have you? As in what age groups? It's a good question...
But quite rightfully we need to get out this bastard league ASAP .. And some of ones who possibly could have made an impact have been sold off.
If we need money, which we do, the club is more important than a player who hasn’t contributed anything,who may or not make it the game and has only experienced playing a few non league games for the sandie.
We are struggling so nurturing young talent isn’t top of our priority list right now, can pick up some more decent youngans later when we are in a better postion.

coventry apponted someone with not much better a record than mark robins..ie a boring safe league one choice...thats what works. our lot tried to be clever with hiring ross and it failed.

from a higher divisio than he found them n.

he said sometng more extreme than that..think he said in europe or something....methven is a cretin and a thoroughly unpleasant person..but the data shows safc have been very unsucessful for many years..

Robins has been there for a while and built something with Coventry so completely different. Last season Luton, Barnsley & Charlton came up and non of their gaffers had league 1 promotion experience.

The year before was Blackburn, Wigan & Rotherham.Mowbray, Cook & Warne all didn’t have prior league 1 promotion experience.

The year before that was Sheff Utd, Bolton and Milwall so out of Harris, Wilder and Parkinson only 1 had league 1 promotion experience.

The year before that it was Wigan, Burton & Barnsley up so out of Gary Caldwell, JFH/Nigel Clough and Lee Johnson/ Paul Heckingbottom.

There is no case for hiring someone because they’re the safe choice. Parkinson is the wrong choice. He was the right fit for Bolton but he’s been shit here and he’ll never be a success in the championship. We are wasting our time with him Imo

Last edited by a moderator:
If we need money, which we do, the club is more important than a player who hasn’t contributed anything,who may or not make it the game and has only experienced playing a few non league games for the sandie.
We are struggling so nurturing young talent isn’t top of our priority list right now, can pick up some more decent youngans later when we are in a better postion.
I can see both sides like most of us. It's a disgrace that it's came to this.

wayne rooney is a once in a generation freak in terms of his talent..
i didnt say fve games isnt many..i said the opposite..i said the one game e played before the league one isnt many.

The one game he played before league 1 was as a sub on 87 minutes in the last game of the season when we were already relegated

Robins has been there for a while and built something with Coventry so completely different. Last season Luton, Barnsley & Charlton came up and non of their gaffers had league 1 promotion experience.

The year before was Blackburn, Wigan & Rotherham.Mowbray, Cook & Warne all didn’t have prior league 1 promotion experience.

The year before that was Sheff Utd, Bolton and Milwall so out of Harris, Wilder and Parkinson only 1 had league 1 promotion experience.

The year before that it was Wigan, Burton & Barnsley up so out of Gary Caldwell, JFH/Nigel Clough and Lee Johnson/ Paul Heckingbottom.
its about more than league one promotion experience (something Mark robins didnt have prior to this year) its about experece of league one ad the loer leagues i general..jack ross sad he ddnt know any players down here..rons, , wilder, parkinson, harris, clough all did, they are used to this level of football and how it works...and dispaly some competence in most cases at operating down here..harris did it n his frst job as a manager..but had played down here and coached..so knew players..etc..

There is no case for hiring someone because they’re the safe choice. Parkinson is the wrong choice. He was the right fit for Bolton but he’s been shit here and he’ll never be a success in the championship. We are wasting our time with him Imo
Who would you have then!

They don't. That's simply collateral in the event that Madrox dedault. Even then, that's the last line of defence. If it reached the point where that was needed, we'd be terminal anyway. That security is exactly the same as you acting as guarantor for a mate's loan.

What do you think will happen over
They don't. That's simply collateral in the event that Madrox dedault. Even then, that's the last line of defence. If it reached the point where that was needed, we'd be terminal anyway. That security is exactly the same as you acting as guarantor for a mate's loan.

How do you envisage this playing out, if for arguments sake the club runs out of cash in the next couple of months. Is Madrox likely, willing or able to loan cash to the club. When's the money due back to FPP?

Your goal is largely unrealistic. Players that are good enough for the championship will generally be playing there, except for a few rough diamonds at lower levels.

Of course we would have to make changes if we went up, I'll worry about getting up first.

Definitely the way to progress.
Get up first and then redefine the budget accordingly.

its about more than league one promotion experience (something Mark robins didnt have prior to this year) its about experece of league one ad the loer leagues i general..jack ross sad he ddnt know any players down here..rons, , wilder, parkinson, harris, clough all did, they are used to this level of football and how it works...and dispaly some competence in most cases at operating down here..harris did it n his frst job as a manager..but had played down here and coached..so knew players..etc..
Maybe you have a case and at the time I didn’t think Ross was the right appointment. I put on here that we should go for someone high profile.

At the same time I can’t see the case for Parkinson being our manager. He has had no success in the championship at 3 different clubs, Charlton, Hull & Bolton. I know Bolton were abit of a mess but they were still dire to watch, got a last minute goal to stay up first year with a pretty low total iirc then second year they were horrific outside of the first month of the season. As a club we need to be looking at how we move forward and giving the bloke a 2 and a half year deal because he knows the league is horrific. With him at the club and the players that were in the squad that I originally replied to we are looking at nothing more than coming straight back down. Maybe the owners don’t care because they’ll be gone but I care as a fan and don’t want to watch us get dicked all over wasting a season.

If it were up to me I’d move a lot of the players on and start again with a different manager whilst we have the chance. Even if we dont go up we’ll at least be building towards something.

Maybe you have a case and at the time I didn’t think Ross was the right appointment. I put on here that we should go for someone high profile.

At the same time I can’t see the case for Parkinson being our manager. He has had no success in the championship at 3 different clubs, Charlton, Hull & Bolton. I know Bolton were abit of a mess but they were still dire to watch, got a last minute goal to stay up first year with a pretty low total iirc then second year they were horrific outside of the first month of the season. As a club we need to be looking at how we move forward and giving the bloke a 2 and a half year deal because he knows the league is horrific. With him at the club and the players that were in the squad that I originally replied to we are looking at nothing more than coming straight back down. Maybe the owners don’t care because they’ll be gone but I care as a fan and don’t want to watch us get dicked all over wasting a season.

If it were up to me I’d move a lot of the players on and start again with a different manager whilst we have the chance. Even if we dont go up we’ll at least be building towards something.
Wtf you on about ?

That's my ideal too. It's almost like the perfect opportunity now.

we werent recruiting for a manager who is good in the championship. but for one at league one.
Parkinson wouldnt have been my first choice either, but i would rather have had him than ross.
I think the job parkinson did at bolton was tremendous..kept them up while under a tranfser embargo..while the expensively assembled sunderland with the "high profile" manager were relegated.
hiring a manager because they are high profile is moroic, hire them because they are proven for the job at had, the job that needs doing now, not the one you hope or expect needs doing in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back