POSH V WYCOMBE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ipswich have only played 11 games at home yet 15 away so they're in the strongest position as they've 4 home games 'in hand'. Oxford also have 2 games in hand at home so I think they'll possibly be up there too as they were doing OK before the loss against Rotherham and draw Ipswich, both at home recently.

Look at Doncaster, they've played 15 at home so only 8 home game left having only played 9 away. I'd expect them to drop off in time and after Friday Doncaster will have 5 away games to make up and we'll have 2 away games.

Logon or register to see this image

Obviously with any team, you'd have still have to consider which teams they are play but being at home is obviously an advantage most of the time. Same for the away games regarding who is left to play but obviously harder to win the game.

I just hope we've turned the season around and we just keep plodding on working hard and getting points regularly as that will mean whatever other teams do won't really matter! :cool:
Cracking piece of research mate, however I see Ipswich have only won 4 at home, Rotherham aren't to clever at home either. Anyway its all to play for and we have every team in the top 10 other than Wycombe to play so as they say its in our own hands.

Aye, they certainly be well away at the top if they had decent home records looking at the away tables here!

Only worry looking at that is that of the teams towards the top our remaining fixtures against them are generally where they’re strongest (Ipswich at home, Portsmouth, Coventry and Oxford at their places).

Cracking piece of research mate, however I see Ipswich have only won 4 at home, Rotherham aren't to clever at home either. Anyway its all to play for and we have every team in the top 10 other than Wycombe to play so as they say its in our own hands.
We have 19 games left,10 in top,9 in bottom.All will be put to sword by Parkys rabid dogs .

Ipswich have only played 11 games at home yet 15 away so they're in the strongest position as they've 4 home games 'in hand'. Oxford also have 2 games in hand at home so I think they'll possibly be up there too as they were doing OK before the loss against Rotherham and draw Ipswich, both at home recently.

Look at Doncaster, they've played 15 at home so only 8 home game left having only played 9 away. I'd expect them to drop off in time and after Friday Doncaster will have 5 away games to make up and we'll have 2 away games.

Logon or register to see this image

Obviously with any team, you'd have still have to consider which teams they are play but being at home is obviously an advantage most of the time. Same for the away games regarding who is left to play but obviously harder to win the game.

I just hope we've turned the season around and we just keep plodding on working hard and getting points regularly as that will mean whatever other teams do won't really matter! :cool:
Good info that mate 👍

Not quite yet, but it's getting closer 🥁

Love it.

The next three games are important. Donny, Tranmere and Pompey - 5 points or more will be brilliant.
Yep thing is people reading my posts on this will think i must be on wacky baccy.I knew this run was coming ,the connection between us fans and the team at donny was incredible.He has got the players fit ,hungry,and closing and tackling as if their lives depended on it.Now in front of the country on friday we will help these limited lads with a wall of sound

Yep thing is people reading my posts on this will think i must be on wacky baccy.I knew this run was coming ,the connection between us fans and the team at donny was incredible.He has got the players fit ,hungry,and closing and tackling as if their lives depended on it.Now in front of the country on friday we will help these limited lads with a wall of sound
It's a real thing.

Looking forward to Friday. I'll be there with a full voice 🎶 :)

Last edited:
Don’t really think how many home games somebody has left is of importance as if you look neither have great home form.

I’d rather be 6 behind than 7 potentially 3 come Friday night. We have a point over Peterborough & 2 games in hand if we can’t finish above them we don’t deserve to go up

Nee shocks - Wycombe have been shite and had no chance down to ten men. Were always likely to settle into a lower position as the season wore on.

Peterborough have been garbage of late as well tbf, could give them a boost but have shown over the last 6 that they are still lacking.

Gateshead will be hoping the Maddison to charlton deal goes through cos they're entitled to 20% sell on fee, so if it is 2.5 mil, that'll be 500 grand, that's humongous for them

Gateshead will be hoping the Maddison to charlton deal goes through cos they're entitled to 20% sell on fee, so if it is 2.5 mil, that'll be 500 grand, that's humongous for them

Looks like they are struggling to give him away. And he was recently quoted by someone on here as thinking he is better than us.

Looks like they are struggling to give him away. And he was recently quoted by someone on here as thinking he is better than us.

Seems like the "crazy" buyout number has been matched. Just a matter of teams reaching terms with the player now. There's no giving away of any kind, from what I understand.

Seems like the "crazy" buyout number has been matched. Just a matter of teams reaching terms with the player now. There's no giving away of any kind, from what I understand.

He couldn't agree personal terms with Charlton so it leaves just Birmingham. He is out of contract in the summer so he may leave for nothing yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back