POSH V WYCOMBE

That's 6 games they 've lost and played 2 extra games
Before tonight, Peterborough had just 2 points from 6 games so not much better than Wycombe plus they'd been knocked out of the FA Cup.

Logon or register to see this image

Surely it was better that Peterborough win keeping Wycombe on 47 points as they may well lose Maddison. If they do then they won't be as big a threat for the rest of the season than Wycombe in my opinion. The extra point a draw (or even a win) would have given Wycombe may be something that means we go up instead come the end of the season ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Before tonight, Peterborough had just 2 points from 6 games so not much better than Wycombe plus they'd been knocked out of the FA Cup.

Surely it was better that Peterborough win keeping Wycombe on 47 points as they may well lose Maddison. If they do then they won't be as big a threat for the rest of the season than Wycombe in my opinion. The extra point a draw (or even a win) would have given Wycombe may be something that means we go up instead come the end of the season ;)
Maddison has been bombed out by Ferguson. He's sick of the circus that surrounds him. It might have the same effect on them as us bombing Mcgeady out. From what I've heard the other players are well happy that Maddison isn't around. Could galvanise them. Apparently the lad they paid 500k for was really good tonight.

Last edited:
Maddison has been bombed out by Ferguson. He's sick of the circus that surrounds him. It might have the same effect on them as us bombing Mcgeady out. From what I've heard the other players are well happy that Maddison isn't around. Could galvanise them. Apparently the lad they paid 500k for was really good tonight.
Let's hope not. I'd rather believe that they'd miss him and feel weaker for his 'impending' loss.

Let's hope not. I'd rather believe that they'd miss him and feel weaker for his 'impending' loss.
Knew him well at West Cornforth Primary School. Best player by miles but even then the team suffered by his inclusion. Didn't get too many games then for a variety if reasons.

They've already brought in replacements for him whether he leaves or not. Even if he doesn't leave I don't think he'll be involved the rest of the season. He's downed tools effectively and having a disruptive influence in the dressing room. Much like Mcgeady.

It’s Coventry and Ipswich who are still in better positions than us. Long way to go. Friday is must win
Ipswich have only played 11 games at home yet 15 away so they're in the strongest position as they've 4 home games 'in hand'. Oxford also have 2 games in hand at home so I think they'll possibly be up there too as they were doing OK before the loss against Rotherham and draw Ipswich, both at home recently.

Look at Doncaster, they've played 15 at home so only 8 home game left having only played 9 away. I'd expect them to drop off in time and after Friday Doncaster will have 5 away games to make up and we'll have 2 away games.

Obviously with any team, you'd have still have to consider which teams they are play but being at home is obviously an advantage most of the time. Same for the away games regarding who is left to play but obviously harder to win the game.

I just hope we've turned the season around and we just keep plodding on working hard and getting points regularly as that will mean whatever other teams do won't really matter! :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ipswich have only played 11 games at home yet 15 away so they're in the strongest position as they've 4 home games 'in hand'. Oxford also have 2 games in hand at home so I think they'll possibly be up there too as they were doing OK before the loss against Rotherham and draw Ipswich, both at home recently.

Look at Doncaster, they've played 15 at home so only 8 home game left having only played 9 away. I'd expect them to drop off in time and after Friday Doncaster will have 5 away games to make up and we'll have 2 away games.

Obviously with any team, you'd have still have to consider which teams they are play but being at home is obviously an advantage most of the time. Same for the away games regarding who is left to play but obviously harder to win the game.

I just hope we've turned the season around and we just keep plodding on working hard and getting points regularly as that will mean whatever other teams do won't really matter! :cool:
Exactly marra,why are people looking at who plays who in january.Theres 50 odd points to play for.We have the bit between our teeth now.We will win the league comfortably

Knew him well at West Cornforth Primary School. Best player by miles but even then the team suffered by his inclusion. Didn't get too many games then for a variety if reasons.
It seems he has issues then. They're not insurmountable though, but it requires lots of work.

If Rotherham and Ipswich had decent home form they could have opened a gap.
Might be good sign Ipswich have more games at home than away till the end of season

If Rotherham and Ipswich had decent home form they could have opened a gap.
Might be good sign Ipswich have more games at home than away till the end of season
Aye, they certainly be well away at the top if they had decent home records looking at the away tables here!

Disagree. Wycombe are in horrendous form and likely to drop like a stone. Peterborough will be in and around the play-offs with us. Draw would be best IMO.

Peterborough had lost 4 out of their last 5 before today, so I don’t think they’re anything special either, despite our best effort to make them look it.

Dream move to Birmingham or Charlton by the looks unless the Boro swoop.

Good job we had our bad spell early.
Peterborough had lost 4 out of their last 5 before today, so I don’t think they’re anything special either, despite our best effort to make them look it.
Exactly what they were talking about on Total Sport tonight, and I can only agree. Hopefully we will just keep on keeping on.

Back