Portsmouth sold 800 tickets for sat

Let's face it, both sets of away support was similar for last season's games - you bought over 3k to Fratton in December, we bought over 3k up at SoL for the league game. We both had around 1200 for the play-offs. All attendances apart from the playoff at the SoL (26k) were virtual sell outs for both fans.

Only one game was midweek and that was at your place. In terms of numbers we have better support than you, simple as that.

Last edited:
We still brought more than 1k. Difference being you couldn't get there and back in the same day. You can get the 8am train from kings cross Saturday morning.
Kings Cross is renowned as being a hotbed of Pompey fans...

Would mean leaving about 6am for most Pompey fans to go straight to the ground, with tickets over £150. A pub lunch is a much nicer option for most fans. Personally, I'm choosing going to Blackpool at the end of the month over Sunderland.

You failed to mention we sold out all our away games with circa 8k fans attending Blackpool. You didn't.
You didn't sell out the Pompey play-off game, and have only had one away league game since.

Only one game was midweek and that was at your place. In terms of numbers we have better support than you, simple as that.
Nobody would dispute that. I'm not sure how different it would be after 8 years below the Championship. The novelty is already wearing off for many in the second year.

Kings Cross is renowned as being a hotbed of Pompey fans...

Would mean leaving about 6am for most Pompey fans to go straight to the ground, with tickets over £150. A pub lunch is a much nicer option for most fans. Personally, I'm choosing going to Blackpool at the end of the month over Sunderland.

You didn't sell out the Pompey play-off game, and have only had one away league game since.

Nobody would dispute that. I'm not sure how different it would be after 8 years below the Championship. The novelty is already wearing off for many in the second year.

League games...

Excellent turn out considering distance and kick-off time.

Sky really don't give 2 sh!ts about supporters. Its bad enough for fans in the Premier League when they are inconvenienced but at least they can console themselves with the fact that their clubs rake in over £100m a season and get extra money for each tv appearance, what we will make for Saturdays game? When you consider the lost revenue due to reduced attendance, it can't be worth that much.

Fair play to those making the trip. It’s a very silly move by sky who clearly don’t think about anything other than lining their own pockets. Last season it would of been at 5:30 no doubt but due to the swap over with bt it’s 12:30. Excellent. Pricks
I don't think so, I think Sky were 12:30 for L1 last season apart from international weekends where they have a few more games

Still look forward to our matches v Yourselves, currently living in Perth Australia, will be watching on sky in a bar, several S,land fans will be in there, we both wear our respective shirts, take the pi$$ have a laugh and no matter what the result its all banter, should be interesting game, we settling in few players and a bit more attacking last 2 games ( thank God ). Though suspect KJ may show you guys more respect and revert back to defensive play. either way, hope for the full blooded game, and no tossers from our lot will be at SOL as they cant get up that early to get there. Heres to a good game that shows the country real football is outside the prem.
In Perth in December. Is it only sky games you get to watch in bars?

Back