Portsmouth (H) memories

Dick Malone running half the length of the field to score his first/only(?) goal for SAFC.
4-0/4-1 IIRC?

He scored a cracker against Orient in the Roker End as well.

Pompey memory, 76 promotion season played them lateon, Joe Bolton with a drilled goal to win 2-0, they were already down and us up

Losing 1-0 late on at home when Diouf gave a daft penalty away, fouling some gadjee they had called Belhadj. Some bloke beside me said “their Belhadj is better than our El Hadj”.

Absolutely battering them under Keane, 1 up inside a few mins thanks to Cisse. A certain Jermain Defoe scoring the winner with a late pen for them.

Was Tony Adams' first win in charge. Keane quit a few weeks later
Aye mate- I was going to mention late goals for them up here.
Kaboul the year they went down too iirc

Dick Malone running half the length of the field to score his first/only(?) goal for SAFC.
4-0/4-1 IIRC?
I remember that. I was there, me eyes nearly fell out of my head. Outstanding individual effort from big kick Dick.

Don’t remember many games v them

There was the win where we win and they brought a few up and there was a game at the sol where they hammered us and we walked out the ground after about 60 minutes

Six feet two eyes of blue
Tricky Dicky’s after you...
Actually remember that one As well

I’m sure it was on shoot. Win 2 v 0?

April 14th 1973, the week after we beat Arsenal in the semis. ...2-0 with goals from Kerr and Tueart in front of 31,400,

Our gates in the league that season ranged from 11k to over 40k

Last edited:

Back