Poor parenting

My son doesn't have any interest in football. Whe he was young I used to take him to matches with his grandad when we visited home, but he never got the bug. It was the Bruce/MON era and I gave up when he fell asleep during the last match I took him, a 0-0 v Spurs.

Doesn't help that we live away from the NE, or that his local EFL team would be Swindon. The football gods cursed my efforts to get him on board.
First match I took grandson to was the Spurs
0-0. Luckily we took the iPad and he had his photo took with Samson at half time. He’s still going but not with me!

My daughter goes to school in Newcastle, came home one day and said she supported Newcastle (She was 6 and doesn't really like football). Took her to the next available lads home game and got that sorted straight away.

My son doesn't have any interest in football. Whe he was young I used to take him to matches with his grandad when we visited home, but he never got the bug. It was the Bruce/MON era and I gave up when he fell asleep during the last match I took him, a 0-0 v Spurs.

Doesn't help that we live away from the NE, or that his local EFL team would be Swindon. The football gods cursed my efforts to get him on board.
Move?

Sadly, football support doesn't pay the bills.

However, the nipper is now 20yrs old and living Munich for a year at Uni. The local football on offer is much higher quality but he still has no interest in it.

If it's not SAFC, then at least it's no one else.

Back