Poor parenting

I supported about 5 different teams when I was a nipper
Our team seemed like a pub team to who was on the telly .
Even then names meant something
Best , Marsh, Lorimer etc
Big characters
Quite common to support the lads and a big league 1 side

My son is three and he’s been indoctrinated from birth to be a massive lads fan and hate them bastards up the road. Skips into nursery singing if you hate the mags stand up and if you hate Newcastle clap your hands :lol: has a ST but the wife put the blockers on him coming next month :cry:

I was in two minds as I generally believe you should support your local team. I also wanted her to be able to have the experience of going to the match with her mates, like I went with mine (if she was interested - and even if it was Luton).

But in the end I couldn’t help myself, so she’s red and white.

Which, ironically, could possibly be seen as a form of child abuse in itself

My Daughter is red and white mad, always has been since she was tiny. Never any indoctrination she would run up and say “how did the lads do Dad” when i got in from the match, she can only have been 4 at the time. When she was a couple of years older she wanted to come, desperate to go with me, so i took her and she was hooked.

Both mine Swindon and dragged them over the Country for years.
In all serious I actually feel I got it wrong and that may surprise a few. Youngest lost interest and no surprise as it’s soul destroying even for me.
Eldest back with us for Christmas and wants to go.

Unbelievable driving to Tranmere tomorrow and have zero enthusiasm.
Eldest is going with me and will sit with air pods on, the common language. One grunt to drive and two grunts can we stop at the services.

Reverse bad parenting.

My son doesn't have any interest in football. Whe he was young I used to take him to matches with his grandad when we visited home, but he never got the bug. It was the Bruce/MON era and I gave up when he fell asleep during the last match I took him, a 0-0 v Spurs.

Doesn't help that we live away from the NE, or that his local EFL team would be Swindon. The football gods cursed my efforts to get him on board.

Back