RAWA Poll: Name The South Stand

New South Stand Name

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Its not the Roker End, and never will be.
The Wearside End may as well have been the Dead End.
The Colliery End is better but sounds like we've named it after a pub.
The Raich Carter End is the best by far of the poor choices put forward. Should have chosen 4 Club Legends.

Can’t believe it’s in the lead to be fair.

Nostalgia for Roker, the whole thing is flawed sadly, I would like some sort of link to Roker, I'd also like a stand named after Raich, but we don't know if this is the first vote of four or a one-off opportunity and we've no option to allocate choices to stands.

In this day of hi-tech would it be too difficult to set up a site with four stands, maybe even some corners on a graphic and a whole bundle of names sitting on the pitch. You vote by dragging a name to a location. The analysis of results would look at overall votes for names and then for the winners which location had the most votes for each.

Nostalgia for Roker, the whole thing is flawed sadly, I would like some sort of link to Roker, I'd also like a stand named after Raich, but we don't know if this is the first vote of four or a one-off opportunity and we've no option to allocate choices to stands.

In this day of hi-tech would it be too difficult to set up a site with four stands, maybe even some corners on a graphic and a whole bundle of names sitting on the pitch. You vote by dragging a name to a location. The analysis of results would look at overall votes for names and then for the winners which location had the most votes for each.
I get that but just using the same name is daft imo. It’s not and never will be the Roker End, that’s before we even get into the geographical side of it.

As boring as the names are I think I’ll always just call them North, East, South and West stands anyway. That’s what they’ve been for 20 years.

I get that but just using the same name is daft imo. It’s not and never will be the Roker End, that’s before we even get into the geographical side of it.

As boring as the names are I think I’ll always just call them North, East, South and West stands anyway. That’s what they’ve been for 20 years.

Roker End causes a massive confusion - as you say - it is not the 'Roker End' brought back to life - how could it be, but I do like the idea of the Roker Stand (East Stand) giving us a link to RP rather than an End, maybe the Roker Roar could be reborn from the Thermos set of the ES, or maybe not. I'm not hung up on it, we have the iconic famous players from a proud history, if we want to name parts of the ground after them fine, but names are about association, not manufacture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back