Police auditors

I

I wouldn’t no but if I was a police officer and saw someone videoing the station I might be concerned about it. It would almost certainly be a public order offence I.e. likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress, if someone was for example, videoing the comings and goings at a barracks whilst wearing a t shirt supporting ISIS. It’s about the context.
ACPO guidance is as follows: There are no powers prohibiting the taking of photographs, film or digital images in a public place. Therefore members of the public and press should not be prevented from doing so. ... Once an image has been recorded, the police have no power to delete or confiscate it without a court order.26 Aug 2010

Whether you can or can’t legally film in and around a police station is really immaterial here. The people who do are more often then not jobless morons with a chip on their shoulder. Their knowledge of any law is limited and they do what they do to purely antagonise the ‘authorities’ that they hate so much (but will undoubtedly expect the world from if someone is nasty to them on Facebook).

Being videoed by these cretins can cause massive risk of harm to officers who have their faces shown to what is essentially a worldwide audience.

It’s really something the police can do without. Just another example of how dumbed down society has become that people who’ve probably never worked see fit to go around harassing those that do work often under the most difficult of circumstances.

End of thread.

(However I expect the usual polis bashers to berate me but I couldn’t care less because that’s my opinion and this isn’t a real place😂)

ACPO guidance is as follows: There are no powers prohibiting the taking of photographs, film or digital images in a public place. Therefore members of the public and press should not be prevented from doing so. ... Once an image has been recorded, the police have no power to delete or confiscate it without a court order.26 Aug 2010

Yes. But that doesn’t mean to say that in certain situations, videoing people coming and going from a particular building, isn’t going to cause those people harassment alarm or distress. And if it does, it could be a public order offence.

Think of it like this: it is not a crime to be holding a bottle in your hand in the street.

Smash the bottle in half and hold it towards someone in a threatening manner. You’re not arrested for holding a bottle on the street, there is no such crime. you’re arrested for causing distress. Context is all.

I

I wouldn’t no but if I was a police officer and saw someone videoing the station I might be concerned about it. It would almost certainly be a public order offence I.e. likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress, if someone was for example, videoing the comings and goings at a barracks whilst wearing a t shirt supporting ISIS. It’s about the context.

It literally says in the memo here you’re allowed to film them so that whole public order offence is a load of shite

Freedom to photograph and film​

Members of the public and the media do not need a permit to film or photograph in public places and police have no power to stop them filming or photographing incidents or police personnel.

Yes. But that doesn’t mean to say that in certain situations, videoing people coming and going from a particular building, isn’t going to cause those people harassment alarm or distress. And if it does, it could be a public order offence.

Think of it like this: it is not a crime to be holding a bottle in your hand in the street.

Smash the bottle in half and hold it towards someone in a threatening manner. You’re not arrested for holding a bottle on the street, there is no such crime. you’re arrested for causing distress. Context is all.
Then you are saying that any possibility of causing people "harassment alarm or distress" warrants police intervention just in case. Should we ban all cctv? dashcams?

As I posted, ACPO say that people photographing police stations isn't illegal.

edit: and having now watched a few of these "audits" it seems that, in many cases, people stroll up to the photographer to complain about being photographed
:lol:

Last edited:
Whether you can or can’t legally film in and around a police station is really immaterial here. The people who do are more often then not jobless morons with a chip on their shoulder. Their knowledge of any law is limited and they do what they do to purely antagonise the ‘authorities’ that they hate so much (but will undoubtedly expect the world from if someone is nasty to them on Facebook).

Being videoed by these cretins can cause massive risk of harm to officers who have their faces shown to what is essentially a worldwide audience.

It’s really something the police can do without. Just another example of how dumbed down society has become that people who’ve probably never worked see fit to go around harassing those that do work often under the most difficult of circumstances.

End of thread.

(However I expect the usual polis bashers to berate me but I couldn’t care less because that’s my opinion and this isn’t a real place😂)
Well you can, legally. That's what the whole threads about man.
End of thread...sound like a tyrant copper, dishing out orders.

People really do hate having freedoms for some unknown reason. Plenty wanting this new policing bill to take even more rights away from them as well. Bad times ahead for this country.

I thought you hadn’t replied for a while mate - have you been filming nicks fir YouTube ? Have a day off man

Just seen one of them did an audit of the TSG base on the same road as my gym and basically got laughed at and was absolutely wounded that they weren't arsed about what he was doing :lol:

That's the best way to treat them
Don't give them the oxygen of attention.

They'll sharp get bored and fck off

Wasn't surprised to see TSG officers weren't arsed like. Some right hard bastards amongst that lot. I do think some of the less experienced officers on these things seem to deal with them badly from what I've watched, but it's satisfying when they get coppers who just aren't arsed - ruins their content :lol:

Wasn't surprised to see TSG officers weren't arsed like. Some right hard bastards amongst that lot. I do think some of the less experienced officers on these things seem to deal with them badly from what I've watched, but it's satisfying when they get coppers who just aren't arsed - ruins their content :lol:
It seems to be lasses and blokes showing off in front of lasses who over-react and give them the ammo they are looking for
Attention seeking nonsense. Goad the police film it. You'd think they'd be wise to it now mind and not take the bait.
Tbf most of them don't do that much goading

Often coppers dive in too hard to fast and fail to give themselves an out when the "auditor" doesn't do as he's told

Last edited:

You’re missing the threatening, abusive, insulting or disorderly part of all the public order offences (s5, s4 and s4A) for the conduct to amount to an offence.

Simply the causing harassment alarm or distress isn’t sufficient to make the offence out.

Back