PlayStation Portal

I think ive managed to get one. Been using stock trackers and somehow managed to log in and pay before it got taken. They are like gold dust

We’ve had to wire the bairns PS5 in via Ethernet to get it working; bizarrely, getting it to use Ethernet instead of WiFi required us to forget the WiFi network, as the PS5 kept defaulting to WiFi.

Been fine since we done that.

Not being able to connect to a WiFi network that has a web portal login seems a bit of an oversight though.

We’ve had to wire the bairns PS5 in via Ethernet to get it working; bizarrely, getting it to use Ethernet instead of WiFi required us to forget the WiFi network, as the PS5 kept defaulting to WiFi.

Aye my PS5 isnt plugged in and probably never will be 😐
Not being able to connect to a WiFi network that has a web portal login seems a bit of an oversight though.

Aye that and lack of bluetooth are the two main issues with it, going by reviews.

easily fixed if your working away

Yeah it’s class just wish they’d release a patch for the weird buffer every ten seconds. It’s very minor but still annoying.
@Ciro_DiMarzio

Got mine on Saturday. Had a few goes and its excellent mind. Screen is massive. Ive had the odd slight buffer but nowhere near as much as I expected given the PS5 isnt plugged in by ethernet. Ive only used it in the same room though for now so will keep trying a bit further away.

not impressed at all with the connectivity on it . Can connect fine in the house but going out or away its a nightmare. Spent hours having to setup port forwarding on my google router for it to connect away from network

Can't connect to ee hotspot as after ages of tinkering got told EE block it which is useless as whole family are on EE . Can't connect to most hotel or public wifi spots as they require a web login .

Just a paperweight at the min - im sure they will sort some of i out with software updates but so far not happy with it

not impressed at all with the connectivity on it . Can connect fine in the house but going out or away its a nightmare. Spent hours having to setup port forwarding on my google router for it to connect away from network

Can't connect to ee hotspot as after ages of tinkering got told EE block it which is useless as whole family are on EE . Can't connect to most hotel or public wifi spots as they require a web login .

Just a paperweight at the min - im sure they will sort some of i out with software updates but so far not happy with it
TBF none of those problems are really Sonys fault

is the link between this and the ps5 better than the link between a phone on remote play and a ps5 on the same WiFi network? I know there was talk about it apparently working better

Yeah I'd never have expected this to work well out of the house like. Too many variables. I hope you didnt buy it to use mainly for that.
is the link between this and the ps5 better than the link between a phone on remote play and a ps5 on the same WiFi network? I know there was talk about it apparently working better
Nope.

Over the last few days ive been getting regular buffering even in the same room.
Basically if it was shit on your phone/laptop it'll be the same on this in my experience so far.

Last edited:
Yeah I'd never have expected this to work well out of the house like. Too many variables. I hope you didnt buy it to use mainly for that.

Nope.

Over the last few days ive been getting regular buffering even in the same room.
Basically if it was shit on your phone/laptop it'll be the same on this in my experience so far.
Cheers mate. Might not bother yet then until I can sort my WiFi

Back