Playoff weekend - Lords

Hope Sunderland win for all the cricket lads. I won't shed a tear for the ones that "can't stand" the game though. Especially that Scottish twat!
Always the same with that forum. Have to be really vocal when they dislike something, like anyone gives a shit. You're just a random bloke on the internet mate...

I might just be bitter because one of the most vocal ones on there always keeps tagging me in any thread to do with flags. Which is an old and very very unfunny joke. He must of done it at least five times recently to absolutely no reaction :lol:

Always the same with that forum. Have to be really vocal when they dislike something, like anyone gives a shit. You're just a random bloke on the internet mate...

I might just be bitter because one of the most vocal ones on there always keeps tagging me in any thread to do with flags. Which is an old and very very unfunny joke. He must of done it at least five times recently to absolutely no reaction :lol:
Forgot about that flag thing mind….until now :) I just hope we get a decent bit of play in tomorrow and today sets it up nicely. Really looking forward to it.

Some ignorant comments on that pure football thread like.

Obviously they're not my team (and I'm at work) but I hope everyone enjoys tomorrow. Really important game.

Aye really really annoyed me

Also annoyed at myself for biting though, been on my best behavior lately!

Aye win here could turn the season
Hope Sunderland win for all the cricket lads. I won't shed a tear for the ones that "can't stand" the game if they don't though. Especially that Scottish twat!

He’s Scottish yet wants to lecture people on the nuances of being north eastern. Sigh.

He will have this simplistic view that all Sunderland fans are “mackems” and Al Newcastle are “Geordie’s”

embarassing

:lol: So true

Am guilty of that sometimes like but you’re right just random blokes like, means nothing.

Last edited:

Blast from the past that
I say we use that thread in football as a match day thread just to annoy the crap out of them. I for one will be bumping it all through the match, I'll even try to keep it updated during the football 🤪

Last edited:
Aye really really annoyed me

Also annoyed at myself for biting though, been on my best behavior lately!

Aye win here could turn the season
I'd advise you all to leave it.

Those who are saying it's shit are not going to back down or suddenly like cricket. If they're willing to be rude enough to slag off a sport the op clearly loves on his own thread they're probably after a bite anyway. Conversely, those who like cricket will see the thread and be interested, their opinion won't be changed based on a random stranger on the internet calling the team "mags" or whatever.

Those who are saying it's shit are not going to back down or suddenly like cricket. If they're willing to be rude enough to slag off a sport the op clearly loves on his own thread they're probably after a bite anyway. Conversely, those who like cricket will see the thread and be interested, their opinion won't be changed based on a random stranger on the internet calling the team "mags" or whatever.

aye good point
BBC has changed now no rain!

I am at the game today, but be typical if it rains the day everyone is coming! fingers crossed.

We can appreciate both wonderful sports and are never stuck for something to watch out of season. Think we've got the better deal!

We can appreciate both wonderful sports and are never stuck for something to watch out of season. Think we've got the better deal!

say it many times, cricket people - best in the world.

football people? not so much. plenty of canny lads, many many bellends.

honestly can't say i've ever met a bellend cricket fan. but then i don't really go to t20 or internationals, i'm sure there's plenty of beer snake wielding nackers dressed as milkmaids or whatever i wouldnt give the time of day, but that's the difference between a cricket fan and someone just there for the drink i suppose

honestly can't say i've ever met a bellend cricket fan

I was there yesterday- I had an American chap and his partner sitting behind me who seemed perfectly pleasant. He took a call on his mobile which prompted a bloke along the row (60s, Middx supporter) to tell him not to use his phone, he wasn’t in America, and he should stick to watching baseball. Arrogant entitled snob imho.

honestly can't say i've ever met a bellend cricket fan

I was there yesterday- I had an American chap and his partner sitting behind me who seemed perfectly pleasant. He took a call on his mobile which prompted a bloke along the row (60s, Middx supporter) to tell him not to use his phone, he wasn’t in America, and he should stick to watching baseball. Arrogant entitled snob imho.

You must have been near me as I remember an American couple

You must have been near me as I remember an American couple

I wish I’d said something actually. I’m too mild mannered for my own good. If it had been at Durham and one of our supporters had been so offensive to a visitor I’d have put them straight.

If he’s one here, can I just days nice try to the lad who tried to to get passed the 2 can rule at Lords today, where the steward counted out from your tardis of a bag 20 (TWENTY) cans!!!! He did say he would pop them in the fridge for you so hope you got them back!

Also, Lords if fecking lovely and happy with 350 and the late couple of wickets.

Back