Pizza Express classic Margherita

Status
Not open for further replies.

American hot asda make your own pizzas two for £4. Amazing bait. Prefer them to pizza shop pizzas.

Value for money Asda over the counter pizzas are great value but no matter how you cook that base it's meh at best. Have a look into making you own mate, knock the dough up at least 24 hours in advance you'll never look back.

Value for money Asda over the counter pizzas are great value but no matter how you cook that base it's meh at best. Have a look into making you own mate, knock the dough up at least 24 hours in advance you'll never look back.

Never tried to make my own pizza before like suspect it'll be too hard I reckon to make a decent one.

The toppings on the American hot in asda are what do if for me. Amazing tastes of the meat and oils together.

The base is generally ok for me. Just give it am extra 5-10 mins but I agree it takes some cooking

Only place I've seen it is Lidl a few times.

It's a rare beast so get at least 20 if you see them.

Will keep an eye out whenever I'm in, cheers.

Never tried to make my own pizza before like suspect it'll be too hard I reckon to make a decent one.

The toppings on the American hot in asda are what do if for me. Amazing tastes of the meat and oils together.

The base is generally ok for me. Just give it am extra 5-10 mins but I agree it takes some cooking

Give it a go man, loads on here will tell you how easy it is to do a good job and once you pull it off your opinion of pizza will change forever. The most simple home made margarita made with good ingredients blows away the best pizza shop effort you've ever had.

Last edited:
Will keep an eye out whenever I'm in, cheers.

Give it a go man, loads on here will tell you how easy it is to do a good job and once you pull it off your opinion of pizza will change forever. The most simple home made margarita made with good ingredients blows away the best pizza shop effort you've ever had.

Well if you or anyone else can point me to the simplest one to make and cook id be all for it. Hopefully it will be generally " healthy " too.

Well if you or anyone else can point me to the simplest one to make and cook id be all for it. Hopefully it will be generally " healthy " too.

The advantage of making your own is you can make sauce without loads of sugar in it, use less but good quality cheese to keep it sensible calorie wise and if you load it up with chicken fillet and something hot like chilli oil you're onto a massive winner.

The advantage of making your own is you can make sauce without loads of sugar in it, use less but good quality cheese to keep it sensible calorie wise and if you load it up with chicken fillet and something hot like chilli oil you're onto a massive winner.

That's what id do. Love chilli and chicken so would be my go to. I'll give it a go next week.

That's what id do. Love chilli and chicken so would be my go to. I'll give it a go next week.

Search on here for ferrari pizza oven, that's where I got my ideas from. As I said before it's best to knock your dough up at least a day in advance, same with your sauce. You can freeze it for speed in the future, if you have a go post back on here how you get on, loads into homemade pizza.

Search on here for ferrari pizza oven, that's where I got my ideas from. As I said before it's best to knock your dough up at least a day in advance, same with your sauce. You can freeze it for speed in the future, if you have a go post back on here how you get on, loads into homemade pizza.

Would I need a pizza stone or whatever or they ok to be cooked on the oven grate inside ?

Frying pan pizzas will change your life.
Elaborate ?

The Sloppy Giuseppe is ok.

I'm leading a school trip to see Wicked in London in a couple of weeks and we're having a Pizza Express meal before the show. In sorting out the kids' menu choices in advance, I can safely say that the name 'Sloppy Giuseppe' has caused great concern and great hilarity in equal measure.
To be honest, it's been me that's found keeping a straight face most difficult out of anyone.

Would I need a pizza stone or whatever or they ok to be cooked on the oven grate inside ?

Elaborate ?

As suggested using a frying pan will let you know if spending money on stones/tiles or even a bench top pizza oven is worth it. Honestly not hard to do but don't expect to nail it on the first attempt, that said when it's fresh and you put what you want on it you will still be over the moon with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back