Pisa Travel Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep an eye out for that tower mind,
It’s ganna fall on some poor buggas heed one day, sure as eggs is eggs.

Getting the train to Pisa tomorrow from Florence. Takes an hour. The shuttle was 2 or 3 euros to the airport so if you want to go to Florence by bus then you can do that. But beach holidays in Pisa are at Livorno so google that to see the nightmare crowding. My advice is to go to cinqueterre by train (by Milan can't remember). Thats a great sea holiday but no beaches. North Italy isn' a great beach area.

Getting the train to Pisa tomorrow from Florence. Takes an hour. The shuttle was 2 or 3 euros to the airport so if you want to go to Florence by bus then you can do that. But beach holidays in Pisa are at Livorno so google that to see the nightmare crowding. My advice is to go to cinqueterre by train (by Milan can't remember). Thats a great sea holiday but no beaches. North Italy isn' a great beach area.
Cinqueterre with an 18 month old? Doable?

They are building new tram lines out of the station at SM Firenze so it’s a right mess when you get outside.

If your going towards to Duomo leave the station by the left exit and cross the road directly in front and head right, turn left at the corner and walk down the road taking the right turn where there is a statue on the wall. You will walk through the leather market and at the bottom turn left and you’re there. 10 mins walk

Last edited by a moderator:
pushing my luck here I know asking for two bits of advice in one day!

I’m staying near Pisa in Italy in a couple of weeks time with an 18 month old and a 7 year old, planning on visiting Lucca, Sienna and having a beach day, any other advice?

Cheers

Watch your wallet,put the fcuker on a chain.

Lot of dippers.

Viareggio is canny for the beach day

I second this. Nice beach good parking a bloke walked and up and down the beach flogging drinks.

Edit - it was a different beach we found. Will post it when I find it on google.

I second this. Nice beach good parking a bloke walked and up and down the beach flogging drinks.

Edit - it was a different beach we found. Will post it when I find it on google.

Marina di Vecchiano. Secluded but gorgeous.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back