Pickford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Because I'm the only one slating his performance 🙄 it's not biased to claim he's been shit tonight. He has.
I'm only interested in why a mag feels the need to frequent the board of their rivals whilst his own team is playing.

Always in your shadow is it?

Is that a howler? Does the defender who plays it back to him, on the goal line, to his wrong foot take no blame?

The defender is at fault, I’m not sure why Pickford took a touch if he was under pressure. He should’ve cleared it, even on his weaker foot.

Dealing with backpasses and his distribution with his feet has been top class over the years so he can be forgiven for the odd error. I also think he gets criticised for every goal that goes past him irrespective of whether he was at fault or not. I had heard he had made a blooper at the weekend and it wasn't his fault at all. Also when he has a great game like first game of the season there is barely a passing comment.

That said the mistakes are mounting up and he hasn't developed into the type of keeper he might have been. If he doesnt improve his consistency quickly he wont be number one there for much longer.

then add to the fact that the pass was between the posts (so increases the risk), the keeper is on his line AND it's played to his wrong foot so he has to take a touch, Yes, Pickford could have done better, but he's not totally at fault

Your parents are siblings

Exactly - he’s been at fault plenty other times but there are some other factors at play. Daft to say otherwise.

Disagree - it's lazy analysis to just blame the keeper

And you say I'm biased 🤣

What's your excuse for him charging around the box like a headless chicken, realising too late he can't get the ball then when an overhead kick tamely hits him straight on and he still can't save it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back