Pickford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes,but they don’t play for London clubs
See a few people peddling this line, but Zaha was treated so poorly by England he decided to defect to the Ivory Coast - and last time I checked, Palace are in London.

It's about the size of the club, not it's location.

See a few people peddling this line, but Zaha was treated so poorly by England he decided to defect to the Ivory Coast - and last time I checked, Palace are in London.

How do you get treated poorly by England? Do you mean he felt he wasn't picked when he should have been? He's a bit of a one game on two games off kinda player to be fair, though he has got more consistent as he's got older.

How do you get treated poorly by England? Do you mean he felt he wasn't picked when he should have been? He's a bit of a one game on two games off kinda player to be fair, though he has got more consistent as he's got older.
Got picked for England under Hodgson when IC were sniffing around, and got his debut in a friendly v Sweden, just after moving to Utd. Never got a look in again after leaving Old Trafford, and under both Hodgson and Southgate had absolutely no contact whatsoever, and kept trying to ask them what he needs to do to get himself back into the squad, and getting absolutely nothing.

In 2017 he was having his best season yet, IC made him a firm offer, he spoke to Southgate about where he stood in the pecking order and what can he do to get back into the side - Southgate brushed him off (this was an Ingerland side with Townsend and Walcott as it's wingers, FFS), then Southgate dropped Wilf under the bus publicly by coming out and saying "well if his heart isn't in playing for England, maybe he should explore playing for the Ivory Coast".

Wilf then issued a statement basically saying Southgate can go suck his mother and chose IC.

Athletic did an big article on it when Hodgson was first appointed, Wilf basically said he still feels sad and bitter at how the waistcoat wearing prick handled him, and he had to learn to respect Roy and let the past go when he became gaffer.

Why don’t you just F- - k off onto your own shite message board instead of having nasty little snipes on here.

You talk like I'm the only one criticising him 🤔 If you read the match report, you will see I also criticised a fair few other England players. Feel free to be unnecessarily butthurt tho.

England don’t play with out and out wingers.

You talk like I'm the only one criticising him 🤔 If you read the match report, you will see I also criticised a fair few other England players. Feel free to be unnecessarily butthurt tho.
I think it’s very sad what you do having snide little snipes on a rivals forum. You were all over this site when the AJ case was on the go. Just p- -s off on to one of your own team forums like what any normal fan would.

His confidence is shot to bits. Pretty much ever player of his profile will go through similar turmoils. Just hope he can. He’s a top kid having a shit time professionally.

His confidence is shot to bits. Pretty much ever player of his profile will go through similar turmoils. Just hope he can. He’s a top kid having a shit time professionally.
Totally agree mate. It shows he really cares and it’s making it worse but he will come through it. When Keoman left just over a couple of years ago he said his goodbyes to the squad but pulled Jordan to one side and said some nice things to Jordan and told him he was going to be a top keeper. Apparently it was a bit emotional.

Totally agree mate. It shows he really cares and it’s making it worse but he will come through it. When Keoman left just over a couple of years ago he said his goodbyes to the squad but pulled Jordan to one side and said some nice things to Jordan and told him he was going to be a top keeper. Apparently it was a bit emotional.

Dear me

Hero status if VVD is out for a while

A review of referees treatment of goalkeeper challenges is urgently required.

Goalkeepers as the last line of defence feel an understandable urgency to win the ball and go in to win the ball, the man or concede a goal on their arse trying. Which means keepers fly in with leg breakers, but they get away with it. There are a lot of Schumacher-lite challenges every week which, if a defender made, would be red cards.

zaha is ivory coastan though, born in Abidjan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back