Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Does Sky not like him or something?

Reading the match results it says Man of Match - Trent Alexander-Arnold but then right below it says Pickford was the official man of the match then goes on to talk about the Champions League winner Trent.

Surely if Pickford is man of the match then Sky should say it :rolleyes:

Man of the match - Trent Alexander-Arnold
Pickford was given the official man-of-the-match award but Liverpool's Champions League-winner impressed in Guimaraes. After a shaky start which saw him misplace an early pass and allow a ball from Gomez go under his foot for a throw, Alexander-Arnold became England's chief creator. He produced two wonderful first-half crosses from which Sterling and Alli should have scored, curled the ball in for Kane to head wide and almost teed up Wilson in extra-time.

Is he now England's first-choice right-back? Gary Neville thinks so. "England could have had several goals from his deliveries and you've seen the impact he's had for Liverpool," Neville said on co-commentary. "We might have thought Kyle Walker would have had the shirt for three or four years but he's got a massive challenge. I think Alexander-Arnold's got it at the moment."

I would say Pickford penalty hit the back of the net today so fast and hard it was never going to be saved by anyone. My thought is Pickford will not always be a constant penalty taker at how hard he hits them....

Last edited:
He has the stench of Joe Hart about him. Minging. Was alright when he played for us.
He’s is a class goalkeeper always has been

Seems more reliant on kicking and reflexes for me and not being the biggest I think his peak form will we 25-29 before his body starts a gradual slow down. When other keepers have learnt their trade and adapt, due to height etc I think there will be a quick drop off for him.
You don’t need height to be a great goalkeeper

Last edited:
Pickford is hellish at placing a ball, weather its 10 yards to a defender or spraying it 60 and landing it on a shilling. Much more confidence watching pickford taking them than anyone else who did, bar stirling.

Reading the match results it says Man of Match - Trent Alexander-Arnold but then right below it says Pickford was the official man of the match then goes on to talk about the Champions League winner Trent.

Pickford was given the official man-of-the-match award but Liverpool's Champions League-winner impressed in Guimaraes. After a shaky start which saw him misplace an early pass and allow a ball from Gomez go under his foot for a throw, Alexander-Arnold became England's chief creator. He produced two wonderful first-half crosses from which Sterling and Alli should have scored, curled the ball in for Kane to head wide and almost teed up Wilson in extra-time.

Is he now England's first-choice right-back? Gary Neville thinks so. "England could have had several goals from his deliveries and you've seen the impact he's had for Liverpool," Neville said on co-commentary. "We might have thought Kyle Walker would have had the shirt for three or four years but he's got a massive challenge. I think Alexander-Arnold's got it at the moment."
Swiss keeper was man of the patch really. For England it would be Alexander Arnold if you dont include the penalties.

He’s a firm believer that if a goalkeeper makes a save or is commanding he is just doing his job and praise isn’t worthy. Similar to Keane when a midfielder is praised for covering every blade of grass. There is a hint of dislike there as well I feel but mainly I think it’s a mentality thing from that generation of united players.
I think his hatred of keepers comes from Schmeichel having a go at him every chance he got

Alexander-Arnold should have been man of the match tbf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back