Photo Comp News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Being new to this part of the board (and to photography!) my suggestion may not hold weight, but would it clarify any confusion if you were to specify the 3 months in the thread title?
Your opinion will be valid as any other - and I look forward to your entry.

I am listening to you all, and I shall try to keep it as uncomplicated as possible.[DOUBLEPOST=1382384630][/DOUBLEPOST]
I came on to make some really valid and mint points and now it's all decided :evil:

Nice one though Peachy, thanks for keeping this going.
It's not all decided - it's work in hand.

Speak up Steeeeed!
:)

Last edited:
Re the voting thread - no reason why it has to be a table..... you could just post who you wanted to give a vote to

Your opinion will be valid as any other - and I look forward to your entry.

I am listening to you all, and I shall try to keep it as uncomplicated as possible.[DOUBLEPOST=1382384630][/DOUBLEPOST]It's not all decided - it's work in hand.

Speak up Steeeeed!
:)
I really like the idea of the winner setting the theme. I know that if it's monthly that means eating into the time though.

And now for something completely different... we don't have a theme or a poll. The current winner picks the best photo of that week or month. No poll. Just chosen by the winner.

Probably a bit crap but it seems to work well on another forum I use. Sorry, I sometimes use another forum :oops:

However, I think if we do go with having three months set in advance then it also gives people plenty of warning and opportunity.

I really like the idea of the winner setting the theme. I know that if it's monthly that means eating into the time though.

And now for something completely different... we don't have a theme or a poll. The current winner picks the best photo of that week or month. No poll. Just chosen by the winner.

Probably a bit crap but it seems to work well on another forum I use. Sorry, I sometimes use another forum :oops:

However, I think if we do go with having three months set in advance then it also gives people plenty of warning and opportunity.

The winner choosing the the theme won't eat into the time - September's winner has already chosen the November theme, and the two October winners are going to choose December and january themes, (so a few days will be lost until the winners are known but if I'm going for the longer format this won't matter).

Not going for the winner chooses the next month's winner. a) this corner is sometimes called cliquey and I think one person choosing the next month's winner would add to that. b) we all have different tastes and look for different things, so a photo that polls the most votes from a selection of us seems fairer to me.

Last edited:
Keep quiet then! :p

Don't like that post anymore ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1382386292][/DOUBLEPOST]
The winner choosing the the theme won't eat into the time - September's winner has already chosen the November theme, and the two October winners are going to choose December and january themes, (so a few days will be lost until the winners are known but if I'm going for the longer format this won't matter).

Not going for the winner chooses the next month's winner. a) this corner is sometimes called cliquey and I think one person choosing the next month's winner would add to that. b) we all have different tastes and look for different things, so a photo that polls the most votes from a selection of us seems fairer to me.

It sounds better than a week to enter the autumn one anyway ;)

OK, all sounds good.

Can't wait to pick HDR as the theme.

OK, all sounds good.

Can't wait to pick HDR as the theme.

All the landscape photographer of the year crew will want to enter :neutral:[DOUBLEPOST=1382387311][/DOUBLEPOST]
:cry:

I'm not really crying but the laughing smiley always seems a bit manic.

Edit: I am crying now! You took away my like!:eek::cry::)

You've got it back you massive fanny!![DOUBLEPOST=1382387387][/DOUBLEPOST]I've given you two now.

I got 50 for one shit post today :lol:

The voting board only taking ten names is a pain if there are a lot of entries, as board two just does not get looked at as much however much I highlight the need to look at both voting boards - I will think on on this and maybe ask Roger if there is any chance of a "bigger" voting board if we have more than ten entrants at any time.

I think it is possible to have more than 10, but you might have to involve me to put the poll up - with the old board, I could have given you extra 'powers', but as things stand here, if I make it more than 10, that is across the board and I don't want to do that.

I think it is possible to have more than 10, but you might have to involve me to put the poll up - with the old board, I could have given you extra 'powers', but as things stand here, if I make it more than 10, that is across the board and I don't want to do that.
See how it pans out. Might not be an issue that often anyway.

How often do we get more than ten entries? You've over complicated it, simple 2 monthly competition with previous winner choosing the theme would work and be easy to remember.

How often do we get more than ten entries? You've over complicated it, simple 2 monthly competition with previous winner choosing the theme would work and be easy to remember.

I haven't decided the final format yet! :)

++ If we get ten or less entries - nee problem.
++ If we get more than ten entries, I will think on if that day arrives.
++ I will make it simple and hopefully explain it clearly.
++ It won't be a two month competition in the sense that there will be one theme lasting two months, I'd lose interest with a closing date 8 weeks away - but I will give a bigger span of time for people to actually take their pictures, as this seems a popular request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back