phone hacked

I got one yesterday saying I'd automatically renewed a subscription to Geek Squad and 253 dollars would be coming out of my account within 48 hrs. If I wanted to cancel my subscription all I had to do was ring the number shown.
It looked authentic enough except for the fact that it came from a Gmail account. One quick press on the report spam button and away it goes.

nope the emails are threating me with locking my phone its like who f***ing cares i'm concentating on a 300k job going in Birmingham . mind birmingham for gods sake

nobody 'hacks' your phone

you have opened up something which has let them on, a pop up on a dodgy website, a link in an email or from a friend who has already been compromised
If stolen, a phone is easy game now seemingly. Someone at work had their Android phone pickpocketed late evening in London. By 6am the following morning there was an attempt to use a token generating app on the phone to log on to the network from China. The network includes geo-locating so the attempt was blocked, but I was pretty shocked they could hack a phone in under 8 hours.

Morale of the story, if your phone gets lifted use the remote wipe functionality at your earliest opportunity and phone the bank and ask them to disable access via your mobile app.

Back