Phoenix Nights

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've saw all three of them live and can confirm Peter Kay is by far and away the best comedian.

Dave Spikey was funny but nowhere near the huge widespread appeal that Kay had/has.

Maybe if Kay didnt get all the credit the others may well have done bigger tours.

First time i saw Kay i thought he was excellent but the next tour was no where near as good.

All about opinions i suppose.

Reactions: mux
I've totally missed that. live show ended with the video of the Africa branch of Phoenix club.
I’m starting to doubt myself now. I was at the second night of the live shows in Manchester and watched the Red Nose Day highlights too and I’m sure there’s a bit in at the end where it says “in memory of Brian Potter, 19nn - 2015. Have tried to google it and can’t find it. Bloody memory/google.

HEAVY DUTY BLACK BIN BAGS

THEY'RE ON OFFER TIL DECEMBER

HEAVY DUTY BLACK BIN BAGS

WHETHER BI OR STRAIGHT OR BENDER
Bastard - I'm going to be singing it now! It was my ringtone years back and it always made me laugh when answering. A bit tragic, probably. :lol:

Reactions: mux
Maybe if Kay didnt get all the credit the others may well have done bigger tours.

First time i saw Kay i thought he was excellent but the next tour was no where near as good.

Agree with all of your post to be fair.

First tour was excellent though. Probably the best comedy I've seen. I know it's not cool to like popular things on here mind, but it changed comedy at the time.

He done a hugely successful and brilliant tour before Phoenix nights. Far bigger and better than his peers could even imagine who he met at Phoenix nights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back