Philliskirk

Status
Not open for further replies.

I played for Seaham, same year as these, we always lost to Redhouse, I remember the lad with the curly hair who was captain of Thornhill
Chris Linstead, he took my place at Pennywell boys club when Blackthorn closed down and his dad became our assistant coach🙄

Four Lambton Street lads went to Lincoln City when Graham Taylor was manager there mid 70’s.
Micky Harford (Springwell), Alan ‘Alfie’ Eden (Farra), Micky Smith (Farra) and Keith Laybourne.
Laybourne rated the best of the four but it was Harford and Smith who had the best careers.

Chris Linstead, he took my place at Pennywell boys club when Blackthorn closed down and his dad became our assistant coach🙄
it was a long time ago but I had trials for Sunderland boys, there were a lot of players there and I only got 15 minutes at the End of the game but I recall (I think)the manager for SB was Chris L school team manager

Kevin Todd (Thornhill School) ultimately signed for the Mags who he detested as a SAFC fan but reckoned if they were daft enough to pay him money to play for them he take it. Ditto Micky Harford.
I know Sunderland lads who turned pro who said they’d never ever sign for that lot. Respect!

Just read the news about Paul, wow.

I played footy with him. He was a family friend, well his parents were.

Wow, just Wow.
See he is on a murder charge now. Never struck me as a hard nut at all, but he obviously has issues. Deep issues. Be a long time before he sees the light of day. Apparently the cops have the death threat on tape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back