Phillips will know more..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be. The goodwill of the support base is a good start. As with Solskjaer it can only go so far, however, when a coaching pedigree can go a lot further. I think Man Utd rue making a populist choice to appease the masses?

I am mostly of the opinion that the club decides its success rather than a manager. I think managers are looked upon as critical to success when it isn't really so, they dont have the power to recruit or set the remit throughout the club long term.

Whilst I thought the ogs appointment was very poor, as with us, their problems lie far deeper.

Whoever comes in has a lot of problems but this club does seem to run on momentum and Phillip's would give us a hit of that.

Maybe this is what we need, someone to give the place a lift, rather than a run of the mill experienced manager.

Completely agree. Since Keane we've tried almost every type of manager and every time the job has swallowed them up regardless of experience (perhaps only BSA being the odd one out).

maybe. That doesn’t mean it would be a disaster though. It’d be a leap of faith

I honestly don't think we should or need to gamble with such a critical appointment. The likes of Allardyce started at the bottom, gained experience and then worked his way up.

I just think it would be too much for him given he has never been in that position.

Legend he was, and I love him for his goals, he comes across as quite dour.

Pearson and Phillips would be a yes though. Still prefer Stendel.

I honestly don't think we should or need to gamble with such a critical appointment. The likes of Allardyce started at the bottom, gained experience and then worked his way up.

I just think it would be too much for him given he has never been in that position.

Legend he was, and I love him for his goals, he comes across as quite dour.

Pearson and Phillips would be a yes though. Still prefer Stendel.

We are very near the bottom mate. We are now people’s starting point

He should know more now. He was in the Ramside clubhouse with SD this afternoon. Personally. I think it’s the right time to bring him home.

We are very near the bottom mate. We are now people’s starting point

All about opinions mate, I respect yours in that you would have him but it's not for me.

We are still a big deal and are nowhere near the bottom and I don't think many managers we see us as a starters job where there isn't a huge amount of expectation and pressure. Whoever gets this job is expected to get us promoted.

I would add, as a player he also jacked it in towards the end and gave less than 100% - not a harsh statement as is true. He also let Quinny down when he opted not to join the magic carpet ride, think he said it would be a mistake to go back.

Last edited:
What a weird thing to say. Plenty of Ex managers had experience and were utterly awful. Moyes, grayson, Coleman, Ross. The last 4 managers had experience and didnt do anything. Keane had no experience and got us up as champions when we were bottom after 5 games

Agree with this. Phillips doesn't really strike me as the managerial type like, and I'd worry that the jobs too big for him, but I wouldn't be massively against it. At least the fans would be right behind him straight away, and to be honest any experienced manager we get will likely have had some fairly bad failures on his record as well or else they'd be above league one. If the likes of Gerrard and lampard can get a start in the championship or SPL there's no reason why Phillips can't start here. Fuck it, I'd have him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back