Phillips will know more..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not peter Reid not sure hey everyone automatically thinks he would make Peter Reid his assistant. I’m sure he has someone in mind probably from his coaching days.
I would think Peter Reid's methods would be dinosaurish and would prefer some up and coming young un.

I'm all for it. Wonder who he'd have lined up for his assistant & backroom staff?
Never really thought much about Philips for the job personally, but although Bally has never been very good in his times as a caretaker, he might make a great foil for Philips. It was my son in laws idea and I'm growing excited at the possibility.

why on earth give the job to someone with no managerial experience !

This is the fundamental problem. No consistency and stumbling from one manager with new ideas, coaching staff, preferred players etc.

There is a lot more to coaching a football tram and managing a club than goodwill and positivity, although clearly this helps.

I would wager if Grayson was not sacked the club would be in the Championship and probably competing at the top. The constant changing of managers is a spiral of destruction.
This is the fundamental problem. No consistency and stumbling from one manager with new ideas, coaching staff, preferred players etc.

There is a lot more to coaching a football tram and managing a club than goodwill and positivity, although clearly this helps.

I would wager if Grayson was not sacked the club would be in the Championship and probably competing at the top. The constant changing of managers is a spiral of destruction.

Team not tram (damn predictive text)

Last edited by a moderator:

I completely agree to be honest with the first paragraph. Its systematic of the whole approach.

But the approach isn't getting better with those involved right now so we just have to go with it and their are far worse options to just go with than SKP.

why on earth give the job to someone with no managerial experience !

I’ve said the same on the other thread but I’ll say it again, he isn’t my first choice even though I love him to bits but this no experience argument doesn’t hold up for me. No manager has got experience at some point and how are they meant to get it if someone doesn’t take a punt on them. He’s been involved at a coaching and assistant manager level for years now and by all accounts is quite highly regarded so has a decent background and management is the next natural career progression move for him, it’s not like he’s just been on the golf and guest speaker circuit and we’re dragging him out of Easington club with a pint in his hand.

I completely agree to be honest with the first paragraph. Its systematic of the whole approach.

But the approach isn't getting better with those involved right now so we just have to go with it and their are far worse options to just go with than SKP.

Could be. The goodwill of the support base is a good start. As with Solskjaer it can only go so far, however, when a coaching pedigree can go a lot further. I think Man Utd rue making a populist choice to appease the masses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back