PHIL PARKINSON & STEWART DONALD (AN APOLOGY FROM US )

There is no doubt Parkinson is a good manager and in my view a step up from Jack Ross. Stewart Donald however just does not have the money we need. We can’t rely on freebies and loans to get us out of this league. He was hoping for a quick flip when he took over and sell us a couple of years down the line and make thirty million. It hasn’t worked and hopefully someone will realise our potential and make a proper job of it.
We shouldn't rely on some millionaire to come in and spend money to get players in.

I have no issue, and neither should any fan, of Safc spending within our means.

I think you mean "implication" not "inference". Inference is what the fans did with his words. He did talk about about transfer budget but when he said "budget a lot of Championship clubs would take" he was clearly talking about the entire playing budget including wages if you listen to the whole paragraph, not just that snippet of a snippet.

We do have financial muscle compared with every team in the division. We spent more money on Grigg alone than any club in the third tier had ever spent on a player in the history of the league. As it happened, he didn't work out, but nobody can say we didn't push the boat out in an attempt to replace Maja.

As far as I'm aware, the PP money wasn't used to to structure the deal. If you have information that says otherwise, by all means present it. The way I understand it, and I admit I could be wrong about this, when Short left the club "debt-free" it was actually "debt-free once the parachute payments came in and cleared the final debt to Short's company".

The deal did get restructured though, after the owners took over and discovered that certain aspects of the club's finances weren't exactly as Short had presented them. Instead of paying the £40m up front as Short had wanted it, as far as I'm aware (and again I'm willing to be corrected on this if anyone has proof otherwise) they rearranged to pay it over 4 years - £15m up front, £5m after a year, £10m after two years and £10m after three years. This was supposedly because the new owners had been forced to put something in the region of £25m into the club pretty much immediately to cover things like legal fees, legacy transfer debts and a £10m black hole regarding Ndong not being bought by the club he was on loan to.
I meant exactly what I wrote . Listen to the first 20 mins

I meant exactly what I wrote . Listen to the first 20 mins

To infer is to read something into what someone else is saying.

To imply is to mean something without explicitly saying it.

Are you sure you didn't mean the latter?

And I have listened to it, repeatedly and recently.

Donald was never in it for the long run, but he's done a good job of clearing out all the crap and turning us into a club which can live within it's means. Appointing PP was an excellent choice so he has to be given credit on that front. We are in better position now than we were when he bought us 18 months ago. If by the end of the season he sells the club to some real investors that can take us to the next level and secures promotion, then he's done his job here, and done it well.

To infer is to read something into what someone else is saying.

To imply is to mean something without explicitly saying it.

Are you sure you didn't mean the latter?

And I have listened to it, repeatedly and recently.
You don’t half like the sound of your own voice.

I don't think that Donald is owed any sort of an apology at all. He came in with and underfunded and ill conceived plan to own and run the club thereby denying those who did have the necessary fiance and a plan for the club that extended for more than one season the opportunity to own it.

I hope to God we get out of this league this season but its far from certain that we shall. It will be despite of Donald if we do not because of him.

Parkinson has turned things back around by changing tactics. The long ball all the time didn't work, and I think would have seen him sacked if he had persisted with it.

As for Donald, having Methven turn on the fans hasn't helped. I know he was experiencing personal issues, but only after things went downhill. Leadbitter's interview was what got him back on track a bit as he realised he had to come back more, but don't believe for a second the club has only come on the market recently. He would have sold for a profit after a day if he could. He's a businessman.

We shouldn't rely on some millionaire to come in and spend money to get players in.

I have no issue, and neither should any fan, of Safc spending within our means.
I do agree, we don’t want mercenaries sucking us dry, but bloody hell even thirty years ago we were spending more money on players than we are now, we do need some ambition!!

Anyone willing to admit they were wrong and Stewart was bang on the money by , not only employing Super Phil, but even more so in sticking by him when we lobbed our toys out the pram. I am brave enough to admit I was totally wrong and will give both my full backing for not only the remainder of the season, but for the rest of their tenure here and I truly hope Stewart forgives us and reconsider's his decision to sell up.

BETTER THE DEVIL YOU KNOW

Knee jerker.

Back