Peterlee have your say

I vote we flatten the shithole.
Redcar is a shithole, but at least it has the redeeming feature that is the beach.
Peterlee, has the well um, the thingy be jig and the whatdeyacallit.

It’s actually ran by a political party called The North East Party. Bunch of absolute nutters and if you dare question their motives you get blocked. I’ve been blocked for a couple of years now. Seems I’m not missing much though.

Heehee. I got blocked and I wasn’t even a member of the group!

doesn't mirror the place where I grew up. in that, you only had a small handful of arseholes, back then. some absolute wing nuts on that group, from generations of families, who'd never worked or been a thorn in the side of the community, for decades.
You must have loved in a different part of peterlee than me :lol: I thought shotton was bad until I moved to Essington way in the late 90’s :lol: every fucker was unemployed and robbing each other

No. Peterlee has its own beach.
Does it? 10 years I lived there and I only know Horden Beach

Last edited:
You must have loved in a different part of peterlee than me :lol: I thought shotton was bad until I moved to Essington way in the late 90’s :lol: every fucker was unemployed and robbing each other

Does it? 10 years I lived there and I only know Horden Beach

grew up, not too far from you. Hampshire place, then warwick. before I moved to n#wcastle in 2000.

Essington way / Basingstoke road. aye

problem families shipped in from the surrounding villages ;) which was definitely the case when a family who'd lived in wheatley hill (I think) got a house in Gloucester place, back end of the 80's. think they had about 12 kids and were on the rob.

grew up, not too far from you. Hampshire place, then warwick. before I moved to n#wcastle in 2000.

Essington way / Basingstoke road. aye

problem families shipped in from the surrounding villages ;) which was definitely the case when a family who'd lived in wheatley hill (I think) got a house in Gloucester place, back end of the 80's. think they had about 12 kids and were on the rob.

we moved to peterlee from wheatley hill :eek::D
had to when they knocked down the colliery houses but there was just me, my mam and dad and we moved up near the catholic club. probably about '79/'80ish. my mam got a job as an old folks warden (dad had retired from the pit)
it was a nice street (malvern close) the people there were great and up until my mam died a few years back they would always look out for her.
the first day we moved there i went to the town centre on my bike, fell off and the chain sliced through my heel. must've been great for my mam & dad for the first day in our new house.

Back