Peterlee Apollo Pavilion 50 Year celebration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Popped up for it starting at 6.30 last night. Got dark about 7pm, and was much better then. Not bad at all.

Me a 3 mates got the cane for throwing a fellow student in the pond when we were is the 4 th years at Shotton Hall . Dr Conn officiated if anyone can recall him :)

Looks like a Designers Republic record sleeve with the light installation. I used to live not far from there once upon a time and it was always a murky looking monstrosity.

Its a bridge. People were still walking through it, which is kinda the point.

Although strange they shut the upper tier.
Not so much the people using it as a bridge. More the kids jumping about in the lights at the bottom left. Still looks good though.

Reactions: PTR
Me a 3 mates got the cane for throwing a fellow student in the pond when we were is the 4 th years at Shotton Hall . Dr Conn officiated if anyone can recall him :)

I feel for you

(obv an in joke there, for those that went to shotton hall)

I got there for about 1830. bumped into a few old pals and caught about 45mins of it. very impressive. managed to get a lift home as well, so an added brucie..

Looks like a Designers Republic record sleeve with the light installation. I used to live not far from there once upon a time and I was always a murky looking monstrosity.

tidied

Last edited:
Typical Peterlee School being ran by doctors instead of teachers.

I feel for you

(obv an in joke there, for those that went to shotton hall)

I got there for about 1830. bumped into a few old pals and caught about 45mins of it. very impressive. managed to get a lift home as well, so an added brucie..

tidied

Reported.

I go for a run past it most days. It’s really a triumph of architecture, when you look past the dog shit and empty crisp packets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back