Peter Brown RIP .

Skandhaless

Striker
I've been told Peter Brown the premier league umpires head man and chairman of Bill Quay CC has passed away . Pancreatic cancer.
He was a Sunderland fan and not a bad bloke (when he kept his finger down, or not if you're a bowler ). RIP Pete .

I think I met him once during a lunch interval of a test match at durham. He wondered if I had ever thought of becoming an umpire, as I got every decision correct from a Q and A session and video refferals

rip Peter Brown

A colleague and a friend, helped me a lot when I first started umpiring and I always learned something new when I spoke to him. Was replaced by 3 folks doing appointments for the NEPL, shows how much he did for the league and local cricket.

RIP.

A really good bloke. Enjoyed his company when my chairman at Bill Quay and also over a beer after a game he’d umpired me in.

Will be sorely missed throughout NE cricket.

To think that Les Graham, Mike Hoban and now Peter Brown have all gone. 3 blokes who were fantastic with me whilst at their clubs. Life is so short when think about it. Very sad.

A really good bloke. Enjoyed his company when my chairman at Bill Quay and also over a beer after a game he’d umpired me in.

Will be sorely missed throughout NE cricket.

To think that Les Graham, Mike Hoban and now Peter Brown have all gone. 3 blokes who were fantastic with me whilst at their clubs. Life is so short when think about it. Very sad.
Mike was also a top bloke, his son Neil is as well!

Back