Peter Brown RIP .

Skandhaless

Striker
I've been told Peter Brown the premier league umpires head man and chairman of Bill Quay CC has passed away . Pancreatic cancer.
He was a Sunderland fan and not a bad bloke (when he kept his finger down, or not if you're a bowler ). RIP Pete .

Ghfd

Central Defender
I think I met him once during a lunch interval of a test match at durham. He wondered if I had ever thought of becoming an umpire, as I got every decision correct from a Q and A session and video refferals

rip Peter Brown

Rep of Seaburn

Central Defender
A colleague and a friend, helped me a lot when I first started umpiring and I always learned something new when I spoke to him. Was replaced by 3 folks doing appointments for the NEPL, shows how much he did for the league and local cricket.

RIP.

ac arundez

Central Defender
Very very sad. Enjoyed my time at BQCC and Lord Brown was always a gent. Will be a huge miss throughout local cricket

Mrjardine

Striker
A really good bloke. Enjoyed his company when my chairman at Bill Quay and also over a beer after a game he’d umpired me in.

Will be sorely missed throughout NE cricket.

To think that Les Graham, Mike Hoban and now Peter Brown have all gone. 3 blokes who were fantastic with me whilst at their clubs. Life is so short when think about it. Very sad.

Bezzabee

Reserve Squad
A really good bloke. Enjoyed his company when my chairman at Bill Quay and also over a beer after a game he’d umpired me in.

Will be sorely missed throughout NE cricket.

To think that Les Graham, Mike Hoban and now Peter Brown have all gone. 3 blokes who were fantastic with me whilst at their clubs. Life is so short when think about it. Very sad.
Mike was also a top bloke, his son Neil is as well!