Peru, Lima primarily

It's a long, long time since I was there so not sure about the price of a pint currently but, from what I remember, it's not the prettiest of places. Some decent museums and the catacombs are worth a visit. I'd say 2 or 3 days would be fine, depending on what you're going for.

Has the game been sorted yet? Looked at BA for direct flights.

Think you have to go via Madrid, well that’s pretty much what I can see.

Peru v Scotland?? :eek:

You know me too well

It's a long, long time since I was there so not sure about the price of a pint currently but, from what I remember, it's not the prettiest of places. Some decent museums and the catacombs are worth a visit. I'd say 2 or 3 days would be fine, depending on what you're going for.

Cheers fitba and drinking

About a quid for a large cusquena. Don't stay in the centre, pretty rough at night IIRC. Stay on the coast in Miraflores or Barranco.

Most airlines fly (BA, KLM, AF, Iberia), airport is about 30 min drive to places above.

It's perpetually rubbish weather, is a bit of a dump in places but I quite liked it. Huacachina is about 4 hours away and worth a look if you want to get out of the city for a couple of days. Desert oasis.

Mention Solano and you'll be reet.

;) Next you'll be telling me there's no such thing as Grecians.

;)

About a quid for a large cusquena. Don't stay in the centre, pretty rough at night IIRC. Stay on the coast in Miraflores or Barranco.

Most airlines fly (BA, KLM, AF, Iberia), airport is about 30 min drive to places above.

It's perpetually rubbish weather, is a bit of a dump in places but I quite liked it. Huacachina is about 4 hours away and worth a look if you want to get out of the city for a couple of days. Desert oasis.

f***ing Solano won’t be getting a mention from any of our group.

Cher’s for the info ya mag bastard ;)

anyone been?

Worth going for a week or just few days.

Best airlines/routes/accom

Price of a pint?

Help and wanky comments appreciated

And no I’m not Paddington bear
Didn't like Lima at all. Spent 5 nights there a few years back when 2 or 3 would have been plenty.

Miraflores is a nice enough area but the city in general is just a big sprawl with not a great deal to do.

Get yourself up to Cusco or Mancora instead would be my advice.

Peruvian women aren't powerful either...

I'd say the exact opposite. Miraflores is absolutely soulless whereas the centre actually has a few things going on. Overall, though, I wouldn't recommend a visit to Lima, it's just not that good. Cusco, for me, is the best place to visit in Peru.

As for Huacachina, the less said about that dump the better. Literally stinks of piss and the dunes were full of rubbish and shitty nappies.

Last edited by a moderator:
We’re booked up for the Inca trail this year, but we’re advised Lima isn’t really worth spending any time in. So we’ve got a few nights in Cusco and a few at lake titikaka either side of the trek.

Back