Perfect Porridge

A Teenstone

Central Defender
How do you like it. I make mine with milk and sprinkle a few nuts and raisins on top. If I'm feeling extremely hedonistic, I'll put a spoonful of nutella in as well.
What's ya favourite?

Scotts old fashioned oats, pinch of salt and milk. Stir a spoonful of honey into it when it's cooked.

Sometimes add fruit or nuts to it for a change.

Been struggling to continue to convince myself that I like it recently.
I was using loads of milk, and I know that's not ideal, but for some reason the consistency hasn't been great with my last few made with water and alternative milks mixed up.

But the other day I did a single portion in the pan* with a bannana cut up and dropped it at the end, and spoon of honey - and it was like having a desert for breakfast. I need to do that again!

*I use steel cut oats, and usually make large batches in the instant pot and freeze them

Porridge, milk, sliced banana, blueberries, 2 chopped strawberries and a dollop of Greek yoghurt..
….blitzed in microwave for two and a half minutes.
The cooked banana sweetens it.
Probably overdoing the fruit but I have this most mornings. 👍

Scott's Porage Oats with water and a splash of milk for a little cream Ness.
3 mins in microwave, stir then another 1 min but make sure you watch it the last 30 secs or you'll be be cleaning the microwave out.
Add sliced banana and eat.

This has been my breakfast every weekday for 3 years. I've lost 3 stone during this time so stick with it, plus I like it

Scott’s Oats, semi skimmer milk. When cooked add a dollop of honey, a sprinkle of raisins or fresh fruit (banana, raspberries or blueberries work best) alongside some chia seeds and flaxseed

seems to be common on here, but chopped up banana and frozen blueberries for me . topped with honey.

also tried chopped up nectarine and chopped up pear , which is worth a go if anyone wants to experiment.

Always with skimmed milk, cinnamon and a tiny bit of honey.

The hotel we use when cycling in Mallorca do a fantastic porridge with cinnamon and stewed apple ( almost like a rice pudding) :p

Back