Perfect Draft

Lowenbrau and Spaten both quality. In fact, both are vastly superior to Dortmunder. Paulaner's me fave though so they don't rank quite as highly as that.
I've not had Paulaner on draft only bottles but I prefer Dortmunder from the two, granted the Dortmunder was on draft.

Any opinion on the PD or PD pro? tempted to get one for summer.

I've not had Paulaner on draft only bottles but I prefer Dortmunder from the two, granted the Dortmunder was on draft.

Any opinion on the PD or PD pro? tempted to get one for summer.
I've just got the regular one. Our lass got me it as a surprise and was advised that the Pro wasn't worth it. And it probably isn't. It's a bigger unit, so takes up more space, and it doesn't really cool a keg any faster. I think the difference from room temp is 12hours cooling time on the PD, and 10 hours on the PD pro.

You can set the temperature on the Pro as well - so you can drink a keg at 6 degrees instead of the standard 3 if you want, but I've no real interest in that. The lagers you're supposed to sup at 3 degrees. I've dug into a keg at 7 degrees during a garden party in the summer and it's fine.

I've just got the regular one. Our lass got me it as a surprise and was advised that the Pro wasn't worth it. And it probably isn't. It's a bigger unit, so takes up more space, and it doesn't really cool a keg any faster. I think the difference from room temp is 12hours cooling time on the PD, and 10 hours on the PD pro.

You can set the temperature on the Pro as well - so you can drink a keg at 6 degrees instead of the standard 3 if you want, but I've no real interest in that. The lagers you're supposed to sup at 3 degrees. I've dug into a keg at 7 degrees during a garden party in the summer and it's fine.
I don’t see the point in the Pro either. I have a fridge in the garage I keep the next keg in - it’s generally ready instantly if I put it in the machine straight from the fridge.

I’ve got a Hertog Jan Royale on currently. Tried it at Christmas and loved it so got 3 kegs in the January sale at 20% off. Already had credit on the app from returns and purchases so only cost me £50 for them all.

Yeah space may be at a premium. The Height as below shows as 37.6cm, do you know if that is to the top of the pump or the top of the machine?

• Logon or register to see this image

Philips PerfectDraft®​

The original PerfectDraft®

• 6-litre kegs
    • 30 days beer freshness
    • Volume indicator
    • H: 37.6cm, W: 26cm, D: 34.6cm
    • Serves at 3 degrees
    • 12-hour cooling
    • Stable performance in temperatures up to 31°C

Yeah space may be at a premium. The Height as below shows as 37.6cm, do you know if that is to the top of the pump or the top of the machine?

• Logon or register to see this image

Philips PerfectDraft®​

The original PerfectDraft®

• 6-litre kegs
    • 30 days beer freshness
    • Volume indicator
    • H: 37.6cm, W: 26cm, D: 34.6cm
    • Serves at 3 degrees
    • 12-hour cooling
    • Stable performance in temperatures up to 31°C
Just the machine. I’ve just measured mine and it’s 44cm to the top of the pump

cheers, should be able to get it in, the handle will be proud of the bottom of the wall units but should be ok.
Just be aware you need a bit of clearance around it so it can keep temperature. If you box it in too much it will overheat. Saying that I’ve only had one issue with mine in the summer during the heatwave when the house was like a furnace.

Just be aware you need a bit of clearance around it so it can keep temperature. If you box it in too much it will overheat. Saying that I’ve only had one issue with mine in the summer during the heatwave when the house was like a furnace.
Yeah, there'll be room to the left of it. Tempted to try the spaten, lowerbrau and hawkstone. I do like a good tennants though.

Aye this. The fan knocks out a fair bit of heat if you don't have a bit of clearance all the way around.
Yeah, there'll be room to the left of it. Tempted to try the spaten, lowerbrau and hawkstone. I do like a good tennants though.
Cannot go wrong with those two. The Oktoberfest editions when they're out are superb.

Camden Pale and Goose Island Midway are good as well. Don't think I've bothered with any others.

Last edited:
cheers, should be able to get it in, the handle will be proud of the bottom of the wall units but should be ok.
The pro is supposed to be not as reliable. I have my PD on the bench under a wall unit. With the handle on the cupboard door hits the handle, remove the magnet cap and it clears by about a couple of mm.

Aye this. The fan knocks out a fair bit of heat if you don't have a bit of clearance all the way around.

Cannot go wrong with those two. The Oktoberfest editions when they're out are superb.

Camden Pale and Goose Island Midway are good as well. Don't think I've bothered with any others.
I like both of them, but Midway is a 50% chance of it tasting like bleach. even from pubs and cans ive had it and its been disgusting.

Il be honest mine has about 40mm clearance on one side, same at the back, one side clear, no bother.

I like both of them, but Midway is a 50% chance of it tasting like bleach. even from pubs and cans ive had it and its been disgusting.
Reckon?

They used to have it on up the Thai in Rainton so that's where I first tried it. He always keeps an excellent pint up there so was always decent. Only had one keg meself and it was very good. Can't recall where else I've had it.
Agree - Lowenbrau & Spaten are both immense
I flip flop between which I prefer. I think I probably lean towards the Lowenbrau but they're both very good beers.
The pro is supposed to be not as reliable. I have my PD on the bench under a wall unit. With the handle on the cupboard door hits the handle, remove the magnet cap and it clears by about a couple of mm.
Couldn't be on with that mind - mine's a Sunderland badge! :lol:

Last edited:
Reckon?

They used to have it on up the Thai in Rainton so that's where I first tried it. He always keeps an excellent pint up there so was always decent. Only had one keg meself and it was very good. Can't recall where else I've had it.

I flip flop between which I prefer. I think I probably lean towards the Lowenbrau but they're both very good beers.

Couldn't be on with that mind - mine's a Sunderland badge! :lol:
Had a manky pint of it in the dun cow also had bad cans of it from the supermarket, both tasted the same, like there was some sort of cleaning solution in it. When its right its really nice.

Had a manky pint of it in the dun cow also had bad cans of it from the supermarket, both tasted the same, like there was some sort of cleaning solution in it. When its right its really nice.
Hmm, odd that'd it funny out of a can. Only ever had it on draught in a couple of places and a keg in me PD.

Ive got the Pro but it’s not as good as the standard Philips machine.
Anyone on the fence save yer coppers and get the cheapie.

Been using the PD about 4 years now and still not had a bad tasting beer, I’ve liked them all.
Don’t really have a favourite, I just order whatever’s on offer.

Back