Peregrine Falcon

Probably hit the window.
They often get confused with the reflection and fly straight into it.
You often see birds doing the same thing escaping from them.

That's happened to a Blackbird so I am aware of the possibility. In this case it was across the path and about a yard into the shrubbery, about five metres from the door. Possible I suppose but unlikely. Could it have been mobbed? We have shedloads of Jackdaws here and they regularly go after the Buzzards if they encroach into their territory.

That's happened to a Blackbird so I am aware of the possibility. In this case it was across the path and about a yard into the shrubbery, about five metres from the door. Possible I suppose but unlikely. Could it have been mobbed? We have shedloads of Jackdaws here and they regularly go after the Buzzards if they encroach into their territory.

No mate. No other birds would likely take one. They are very sly and rely on cover before they strike.
Still reckon best guess would be the window. I’ve seen one do this before and had to put it out of its misery.

What a wonderful sight.
Watched one today, it had taken a Wood Pigeon and was eating it at the top of an electricity pylon.
A noisy Kestrel perched close on one of the struts shrieking loudly as the feathers were falling through the sky.
Pity I never had binoculars to get a better view but watched it for 5 minutes as walking down the beautiful mid River Thames. The speed that these dive from the sky like a bullet, nature at its best.
Never seen one I the flesh but the films I’ve seen are amazing - they fetch BIG money in the Middle East where they have competitions

Back